Game 12: Presbyterian at Michigan Open Thread

Takeaways of the day: Bajema > Nunez in every way and I hope the minutes start to reflect that. A. Davis is a legit minute/foul eater, and will be key in some b10 games vs those physical bigs, whether Sleep gets early fouls or just needs a breather. I’m thrilled to see Austin becoming a positive contributor because I, like many, had given up on him.

6 Likes

Down goes Kansas and Wilson still riding the pine

Jalen broke his ankle.

4 Likes

Did he get any run or some sort of redshirt expected

Was excited to hear Jess Settles harping on a fantastic writer in the Ann Arbor area from the Athletic, Brendan Quinn. Most subscribers here should realize it, but if you aren’t a subscriber it’s worth every dollar. Brendan is a real gift as a sportswriter.

4 Likes

I think that Austin earns his 5th year

1 Like

Too early for that call

1 Like

I’m just saying I don’t see what other people are seeing when they think they can trust him in any capacity in the Big Ten

If Teske is in foul trouble I will feel far more confident with him in this year than I have in the past.

3 Likes

That’s fair.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s likely for two reasons - 1. They still need to acquire a SG/wing prospect for next year and they will need his scholarship in order to do so. That is a more glaring need than a third center. Which leads me to 2. Even if Austin was welcomed back with open arms, with Castleton and Dickinson on next year’s roster, I would imagine that he would want to finish his career somewhere that he could earn major minutes rather than limited spot minutes. With the redshirt, he will have a Michigan degree so he can get the best of both worlds.

1 Like

OTOH, from Davis’s perspective he could be well on his way to a graduate degree from the University of Michigan with another year.

3 Likes

Always good to have a veteran Center on the roster in case of injuries. But, with Johns showing he can be a small ball Center, plus Castleton and Dickinson (not sure what Faulds’ situation is) you already have some depth.

Plus, I think AD is in Kinesiology and Michigan has one of the top programs in the country.

2 Likes

My cousin’s child graduated from that quite excellent program, which is now housed in my old apartment complex, the Observatory Lodge. Great place to spend my high school years. Just noticed that that was Gary Grant’s major, too.

1 Like

Actually walked by there yesterday as I walked around campus after the game! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like