Freshman heights, weights and numbers have been published

Chatman No. 3, Wilson No. 5, MAAR No. 12, Doyle No. 32, Dawkins No. 24, Hatch No. 30

Roster here.

A couple of other roster notes: Cole McConnell, Brad Anlauf not listed, Max Bielfeldt listed as a senior. http://www.umhoops.com/information/roster/

Also updated the scholarship chart. Two open in 2015… likely be more.

Surprised at Doyle listed at 6-10 and 250. Probably not all good weight, but he could play for sure.

MAAR should be able to carry his defender to the rim at that weight.

Surprised Caris is still 185, returnees maybe not updated.

I don’t think any of the returning players have had their heights or weights updated.

Surprised at Doyle listed at 6-10 and 250. Probably not all good weight, but he could play for sure.

Per report, Doyle has apparently hit the gym hard and has conditioned himself exceptionally well this summer.

Good to hear!

Just saw Doyle downtown last night at art fair; he looks to be in pretty good shape…

Roster has been updated again… New heights/weights for freshmen and returnees.
Full roster here.

Levert is now 6-7, 200 lbs.

MAAR is light. Will need a year to play and maybe should RS. Bummer cause that 200 lb listing was ideal.

DJ Wilson @ 220… looking good if he is playing some 5. Kam at 210 and Irvin at 215. UM’s wings are big this year. I don’t see teams trucking them to the basket like Caris and Nik were abused last year.

And Caris is at 6’7’’ 200 as a combo??? With a 7’1’’ wingspan? Lottery pick.

Where are you seeing these? Kam is 210 and Levert 200.

Where are you seeing these? Kam is 210 and Levert 200.

typo

still more mass on the perimeter next year.

I like the mass no doubt, but I’d be much more pleased with improved lateral movement from Irvin and a decrease in defensive lapses from Caris.

Definitely a good thing WRT Irvin and Levert. If Irvin’s handle is tightened up, it’s a complete offseason for him.

I’ve been saying it for a while, but I really think that Caris projects as a Lance Stephenson type in the NBA, and with a much better head on his shoulders. He may not be a lottery pick, but he certainly has the tools to be a good one.

Caris doesn’t have the physicality to bully defenders in the same mold as Stephenson - who is a freak athlete in terms of lateral movement and strength combinaton. Not many 6’5, 230 lb guys can move like that. Stephenson is built like a tank. Caris is more of a finesse player.

Yeah, Caris doesn’t have the strength and also shoots it better than Lance and is quicker with a first step, along with being taller and longer. I think Caris is some fusion of Brent Barry and Jamal Crawford.

I think Caris has more range than Lance, and a quicker first step, but I don’t think Caris is anywhere near the midrange shooter that Lance is. Change of direction is pretty much a wash, but Lance is more effective with it because of superior strength. At this point, I think Lance is a much better finisher as well based on that strength and better verticality in relation to Caris.

Yeah outside of PnR, Caris’ middlegame should be his biggest focus on improving.