Freshman heights, weights and numbers have been published

Caris has far exceeded expectations coming in, he has earned everything coming to him. From unknown commodity to potential All-American. Work ethic…it does wonders

Jamal Crawford had a better handle than Caris and was a little quicker with the ball, at least in my memory. I could just watch that guy dribble. Maybe Caris can get there. A mid-range game would help Caris, and a better recognition of when to keep his dribble or get out of the lane if nothing’s there. A little quicker decisionmaking overall, which will also help in PnR. Maybe finishing through contact – the added weight will help here. And shooting off the dribble. I think he’ll do much of these things this year, and he was already pretty darn good.

No doubt in my mind that Crawford’s handle is much better than Caris, but Crawford is probably one of the best ballhandlers/change of direction players in the last 20 years to be honest.

Caris a legit 6’7 with shoes, probably 6’5.5 - 6’6 without. I’m assuming Irvin is the same.

Caris Levert is 6'7" with his shoes on! #NBALength pic.twitter.com/m1itwydjv9

— Jon Sanderson (@CampSanderson) July 22, 2014
No doubt in my mind that Crawford's handle is much better than Caris, but Crawford is probably one of the best ballhandlers/change of direction players in the last 20 years to be honest.

Crawford’s handle is And1 mixtape level except against NBA caliber competition, and at his size, it’s just ridiculous. Plus his range is probably just shy of Curry.

I don’t think Caris has Jamal’s handle but I do think he has the same shake and I can see a similar pull-up game developing. I see Brent Barry’s catch and shoot, PnR ability, transition play and build as a guy who can also slot as a 1 or a 2 but Brent wasn’t a guy who had shake or a jumper off the dribble.

Overall I agree that Crawford and Barry are good comparisons for Caris. Barry was also an excellent passer, something Caris continues to get better at.

I like the mass no doubt, but I'd be much more pleased with improved lateral movement from Irvin and a decrease in defensive lapses from Caris.
MattD, you may want to check back. I think they updated the roster again, now with Lateral Movement and Defensive Lapses measurements.
I like the mass no doubt, but I'd be much more pleased with improved lateral movement from Irvin and a decrease in defensive lapses from Caris.
MattD, you may want to check back. I think they updated the roster again, now with Lateral Movement and Defensive Lapses measurements.

Actually, I’d love if Sanderson would post lane agility testing before/after scores.

Caris has tremendous upside to grow and strengthen and is really young which will enhance his draft status. My guess is his range on the three will be deeper this year and that first step is incredible for his size. Not sure who can match up with him at 6-7 in the B1G but he will be a nightmare to guard. If the three is falling lookout and he plays unselfish with high distribution…another product of the system and hard work! He could be 6-8 with his age!

Speaking of growth spurts, did anyone else see that Sam Dekker went from 6foot7 to 6foot9 this summer?