Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

Looks like Devante got injured in the middle of Mets 92 playoff run

1 Like

well surely they’ll be just as good next year, right? no major changes coming to their roster or anything?

3 Likes

even if it means your “shooter” hits mostly the side and the top of the backboard?

Just in case anyone wants to listen to something related to Michigan basketball that isn’t bad news

7 Likes

Unless X found an extra year of eligibility the only thing this will do is make me sad.

2 Likes

Devante Jones currently playing in the finals with Wemby live on YouTube!

He’s the starting PG and opened the game with a nice assist.

7 Likes

Later this series (game 3, iirc) they’re going to play at the Roland Garros tennis stadium, which should be interesting.

2 Likes

On clay? That’s probably not the case, but that would be interesting.

1 Like

I think they’ll just put a normal court on there. Not sure if the roof will be open or not though.

2 Likes

Maybe I missed this from a while back, but don’t remember seeing it posted here. Jimmy King finally got his degree from Michigan this year - graduating with his daughter. Better late than never!

Also, it wouldn’t be an academic story about basketball without the admissions office throwing out some of his credits when he tried to finish via University of Phoenix a few years ago. Lol.

10 Likes

It’s super cool to hear his perspective as a returning student 30 years later!

1 Like

No guys he took the courses 30 years ago. Admissions just needed that long to decide

7 Likes

That’s cool, but also strange. I swear I remember when the story of Juwan graduating with his class came out, it mentioned (maybe even showed a picture) him graduating with Ray and Jimmy.

1 Like

I remember that. Maybe they (or Jimmy anyway) were there just to support him?

2 Likes

Cool to see Josh get a shoutout for the Beal trade.

1 Like

Is that what this is

3 Likes

Haha yeah, I think it’s the opposite…

2 Likes

Money aside, I’m not sure about this trade for the Suns. They do clearly get the best player in the deal but I don’t know exactly how the pieces will fit.

I think they had to do it from a value standpoint (getting Beal for nothing they wanted), but I don’t think this is a particularly good team? Beal for this group adds a third isolation two point jump shooter who is at best a B passer. Their best defensive player is…Durant? Ayton is average (but he’s getting traded), Booker and Beal are below average.

Beal is sort of like a hat on a hat (on a hat in this case)

5 Likes

Yeah If you can upgrade CP3 and Shamet to Beal you kind of have to do it. You won’t get a better value than that, basically turning your bad contract/aging player into a bad contract/in their prime player.

But also idk how good they are still. Should be good on offense, but defense could be a struggle and one of the stars needs to spot up a lot more than they have been and all of them need to stop taking so many long 2s

4 Likes