Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

Do more, say less was an elite slogan for making people think that a team that talked a ton of **** didn’t.

11 Likes

I will always remember sitting on the baseline for Michigan/Providence at Mohegan Sun. X was just bullying guys. I want to say it was Makai Ashton-Langford, and he was just flat out smack talking him the entire time he was n the floor.

7 Likes

I need examples!!

2 Likes

The thing about Z is that he did a lot. No matter how much he was saying, he was doing more.

6 Likes

Right, he was winning. People accept talking and winning but not talking and losing

10 Likes

The shortstop on my son’s travel baseball team talks a lot of sh*t. Hot head and loves running his mouth…but he isn’t very good. So it is annoying and most of us hate it. My son is one of the best players on the team and is really quiet - unless someone on the other team talks. So as the catcher he hears it from their dugout and when they come to bat. He doesn’t talk often and I’m happy about that - but when he does talk it carries more weight because he uses it sparingly and he’s the best player.

I didn’t mind Hunter being fired up or talking some when he’s doing well. I don’t love his BDE gesture at all though.

Lol, my son loves playing catcher (and first, but he’s a righty so it’s less frequent) merely because he gets to chat with other players (at first base, he gets to talk to their coach). Not trash-talk, he just runs his mouth about random stuff.

I talk trash to myself. “How could you blow that, you idiot?!?”

12 Likes

Are you me while golfing?

3 Likes

I will say also that the average person did not even know X was a prolific trash talker because he didn’t draw a lot of attention to it. That very much changes the candor of it. Just read the replies to Geo’s tweet as an example

2 Likes

Pretty rare for a youth travel team shortstop to not be very good–unless the team is bad, or his Dad is the coach.

1 Like

Yeah…it is a weak point in the team. We had three guys - one left for another club and the other is a national-level soccer player and decided to give up baseball to focus on that. The one we have is “fine” and reliable, but definitely a weak point on our team.

https://twitter.com/ebudd08/status/1642733876140478466?s=20
https://twitter.com/Geo_Baker_1/status/1643054325193736193?s=20
https://twitter.com/Geo_Baker_1/status/1643054327471144964?s=20

16 Likes

this is incredible and precisely what i was looking for hahahah

imagine someone doing that to you and then hitting four hook shots in one half

7 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible for me to like Xavier Simpson or Geo Baker more than I already did, but mission accomplished with one thread.

11 Likes

The plot thickens

13 Likes

psychological warfare from X. never know when you’ll have to face Geo again - gaining the upper hand starts now

13 Likes

Shots fired. Yadda yadda yadda.

This is amazing and tells me that it absolutely happened :rofl:

12 Likes

Wish Geo was still playing somewhere then we could get a one on one going