Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

They’re mostly lovely people, it’s true. Unlike you morans. I dunno why I waste my time with you people.

3 Likes

Agree. the Michigan fans that frequent umhoops dot com are simply the worst.

And yet, I’d say the gameday threads here are pretty tame compared to MGoBlog’s. You need a radiation suit on to sift through those.

3 Likes

I’d attribute a lot of that to having a huge contingent of football first types that are unabashedly harsh on the bball program for whatever reasons. It’s basically that Gordon Ramsey oh dear oh gorgeous/you f’ng donkey meme.

4 Likes

This is correct.

Except the part about Illinois fans.

Illinois fans do not exist.

1 Like

On the contrary…I work and live in Illinois and a ton of the engineers I work with are Illinois “fans”. Now, they’ve had a pretty rough 20 years outside of some brief moments of success in basketball. They usually come out of the closet and admit they’re Illinois fans once in a while but usually they have no idea how their teams are actually doing unless they are good. Same with the Northwestern people I work with - who are almost more obnoxious when they’re actually good at something.

Overall though we have a pretty diverse group (Purdue, Wisconsin too) and everyone is pretty nice and chill about their teams. Except for OSU. We don’t have many OSU fans at work, but the two we do have are exactly the stereotype you can imagine.

2 Likes

Plus Desmond was tackled in the endzone, Charles White fumbled on the two, and the MSU clock operator gave them an extra second.

3 Likes

I’m in Illinois too. My theory is that those people are not Illinois fans – they just like every other team less than Illinois. It’s not possible to be a fan of that athletic program.

P.S.- Roman Wilson was in the end zone!

8 Likes

Especially with the 2 yards that were taken away by the erroneous spot

5 Likes
11 Likes

Even crazier than that game-winner, X is shooting 47% from 3 this season on 2.9 attempts per game.

Also, I went to Google his G-League stats, and found that he was apparently rumored to be romantically-linked to Sasha Obama a few years ago. I didn’t expect to find that on my search.

6 Likes

Jeff Jackson had a one-of-a-kind college experience

6 Likes

i’m honestly not sure which of these facts is more surprising

6 Likes

Oh, it’s definitely the 47% from 3.

12 Likes

Not if you take in account that most of them are hook shots.

3 Likes

At the time, there was a conspiracy theory that he was driving with Sasha in the car during the Jeff Jackson wreck.

He’s still pretty young (21) but it seems like Isaiah Todd is holding on to a NBA/G-League career by a thread. He last played for the Wizards on November 28th and is averaging 6.5 PPG in the G-League, over 30 games.

:crown:

23 Likes

11 Likes