Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

Hey now, he is responsible for the pass that single-handedly brought back Michigan basketball!

(/s if it wasn’t obvious, but still a cool thing)

5 Likes

I miss that uniform design. :heart:

1 Like

I was joking a little about Robbie Reid in another thread and decided to see whatever happened to him. This is from 2015 but it looks like he’s done pretty well since leaving Ann Arbor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR1oUDZMmLg

Zavier Simpson’s time in Germany didn’t last that long…

6 Likes

We all know his limitations, but it’ll be interesting to see what he looks like with the kind of increased spacing you see in pro ball.

4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

“Gettin’ Iggy with it.” Oy.

9 Likes

I’m guessing JB never listened to his last podcast. :joy:

4 Likes

Ha! I had the same thought. Stu was very critical of Beilein in his past pods.

2 Likes

I remember listening to one with Stu and John Horford and coming away thinking “wow, neither of these people look back very fondly at their time here at all.”

I know there was weird behind the scenes stuff with Horford, but it caught me off guard with Douglass as I thought he would’ve appreciated the guy who kept him from the MAC a bit more.

3 Likes

I didn’t really take Stu as overly critical of Beilein, he just has a pretty skeptical overall view on life lol. But I also didn’t listen to the Horford episode because I don’t think the Horford’s are the most trustworthy sources to narrate their lives.

Stu is just honest. I think he’d overall say he enjoyed his time at Michigan, and he would say it significantly impacted his life for the better. He just always has something negative to say as well. He’s a decent follow on twitter tho cause he’s got a solid sense of humor

7 Likes

Kiiiiiiiinda why I didn’t feel the need to listen to this podcast whatsoever until I saw that Beilein was a guest. I still haven’t, but the odds that I have a boring car ride and decide to turn it on are above zero now.

I don’t listen to entertainment to bring me down. I have football for that.

12 Likes

LOL!!!

2 Likes

Good take; that’s what I too took away from it. File it in the same box as Livers commenting on Xmas games. Reasonable, nuanced opinions.

1 Like

Stu Douglas big issue with Coach Beilein was the controlling all aspects of his life for 4 years. Too much control. In hindsight Stu would have preferred a bigger role on offense (rightfully so) but the control thing was his biggest issue.

I always thought that Stu Douglas was better (in college) than he realized, until he was able to get some perspective after college and realize how much more he could have done. Sometimes it takes time to realize you are actually better than the higher profile guys you are playing against. Stu was very talented from his freshman year on but never quite put it together. I remember as a freshman, early in the season, against Connecticut, after the game Jim Calhoun was rightfully singing the praises of the young frosh

2 Likes

And also Stu seemed to understand where Beilein was coming from and why he did what he did. Beilein was there to win games and focus on what was best for Michigan, and that is not always gonna lineup with what is best for an individual players development. That’s how Stu seemed to view it from the two podcast I listened to that he was on.

1 Like

I think stu’s role was in line with his ability.

7 Likes

exactly, still remember him dribbling aimlessly along the baseline

1 Like