Five-star guard Josh Christopher lists Michigan in top five

1 Like

UCLA & Kentucky are far less intimidating IMO as big schools than Dook or Kansas when it comes to recruiting. Should be interesting to see if he goes with a family connection or a high level program.

Kentucky is less intimidating? They recruit better than Kansas and literally every other school in the country not named Duke.

8 Likes

I would have agreed with you five years ago, maybe even three years ago. In my opinion they haven’t been as successful in the past few years as the two other schools that I named. Not that they haven’t been successful, it’s all pretty subjective regardless.

Maybe even agree if we go all the way back to this year when they landed the most five stars in the country and #2 overall class?

2 Likes

Wow, it’s really important for you to be right, eh? The guy already said it was an opinion. Can’t let that slide though!

2 Likes

It’s a strange opinion. I would agree regarding UCLA, but Kentucky is elite at recruiting and that’s moreso a fact than an opinion. And if we are talking about the Christopher recruitment, I would say they are easily the biggest threat to land him so yeah, it’s going to be extremely tough.

5 Likes

yay for being in this top five! im skeptical till we actually land big timers, but a great first step!

5 Likes

For someone who is so focused on a branding, I think Kentucky is a major player for Christopher. They are great at branding. Probably top 2 or 3 in the country. Michigan with Juwan is a very good branding move as is UCLA. In terms of that, if that really is relevant to Christopher, I think those 3 are the top choices for him. Kentucky is probably the favorite. Need guys like Brandon Boston to commit to Kentucky before Christopher does. Otherwise, I think it’s hard for him to not go there. Personally if i was a top recruit I’d rather go to Kentucky than Duke. Calipari actually gets after his guys and pushes them and doesn’t just let them stand out there and force feed the ball to two or three guys. Also, Calipari’s teams are usually pretty balanced. Better coaching and team ball.

1 Like

It’s good to see UM on the radar and among the leaders, especially as the program transitions from JB. Obviously different recruiting styles but I think UM is still a top ten destination.

1 Like

Normally I’d agree on UK being the move from a branding stand point. However with the amount of attention juwan is getting in his first year and the ability to be the star of a class rather than one of several stars in a class I think um would be the best move from a branding standpoint. If he commits to um it will be the most talked about commitment this cycle imo.

5 Likes

I don’t think either one is a bad move. And Kentucky is more established and players probably know what they are gonna get. Branding wise I think Michigan right now is about as good of a place as there is but Kentucky is up there too so that’s kind of what I was meaning.

1 Like

Gotta close, obviously, but looks to me like Michigan has some inarguable momentum, at least in terms of visibility. So far so good for Juwan.

I guess this isn’t surprising, but UK fans are very confident in any recruitment that doesn’t involve Duke. They even think they can get Green, Boston, and Crhistopher

1 Like

FWIW, Christopher and Jalen Green teamed up this weekend to play on the same AAU team in Vegas, I believe.

1 Like

Ah yes, that’s what qualifies as discussion, I guess. :roll_eyes:

Christopher is my favorite of the targets. I agree with the comment above that Juwan Howard is getting a lot of pr right now and maybe that will help him. In the end Kentucky will be tough to beat if they bring along his friends. But stranger things have happened in recruiting for sure.