Michigan offers five-star guard Joshua Christopher

3 Likes

But he never got a full academic walkthrough on campus?

8 Likes

Does this mean that Juwan passed the ncaa compliance/rules test?

1 Like

Well this is fun

2 Likes

Added Nike EYBL footage from this summer.

1 Like

Think basketball recruiting is going to go the way of football when Harbaugh came in - i.e. offer early and often to pretty much everyone. Not to say that’s a bad thing. You can spin both Beilein’s deliberate process and the more common offer every five start strategy as a good or bad thing.

It’ll be interesting to see if Howard and this staff offers every viable top prospect early and then weed out the real contenders down the line. And how if they go that route.

1 Like

It is going to make it a lot harder to tell who is a priority, that’s for sure. Everyone jokes about the no visit, no offer, but until kids visit now it will be hard to tell if they have legit mutual interest. Other side of the coin.

8 Likes

I would never have guessed Christopher would get an offer. Let alone the first one of the Howard era. He or someone on the staff has to have a connection or the kids are close with him. Seems too random otherwise. But man, this kid can flat out hoop.

8 Likes

This is a different highlight video than I’m used to

4 Likes

He’s a rising senior? Should that be obvious to me? Probably showing my ignorance. . .

2020 prospect, yep.

1 Like

Wow this will be fun. If you land the biggies the development process shouldn’t be as difficult you would think.

But it will be more rushed.

2 Likes

Dang he is really explosive off the bounce. Very curious to learn if he will have mutual interest.

Hopefully will have a little video breakdown tomorrow with some more footage and thoughts on his game.

3 Likes

wonder what is the connection? has howard ever seen him playing?

Howard has been around the EYBL given his sons play in it (17U/15U) so I’m sure he’s somewhat familiar with some of the top kids.

1 Like

Gut feeling Juwan Howard looks to stack a roster of big guards, and 6’8", 6’9" interchangeable versatile forwards that can all shoot and handle, with one enforcer big man. Can see him down the road looking to play with pace. If Howard is a success, he might bring more flavor to B1G hoops.

I’m gonna guess there’s some feeling of pride that comes with being the first ever offer in the new era of M basketball.

As a result it seems smart from that perspective to offer a really highly touted prospect, to perhaps gain early traction.

2 Likes

First we know about but got to think Juwan has offered others.

2 Likes