July highlights: Josh Christopher at Nike Peach Jam

2 Likes

Christopher is certainly not short on highlights. Guy knows how to entertain the gym. There are flaws in his game (22% from three on the summer, 28% this weekend) but he is explosive and really strong with the ball.

Also did this pre-Peach Jam breakdown back when he was offered.

1 Like

Hmm personally I think his 3 point shot is workable. He takes a lot of high degree of difficulty shots which is partially why the numbers are low. Not calling him a knockdown shooter by any means but I think he is more than capable of being a respectable shooter with better shot selection

1 Like

That is fair. Shot selection is definitely a big part of it. He doesn’t take that many threes (25% of shot attempts) but you’d like to see him up in the 30s and not the low 20s in terms of accuracy.

Workable is probably a good way to describe his shot. There are other guards and wings out there who either don’t even attempt threes or have something very wrong with their shot.

1 Like

His form isn’t terrible and he hits some pro-level threes and hits enough from close to the international line that I think he can become a low/mid 30% shooter at a decent volume while still maintaining his “scorer” role getting to the rim and scoring from mid range. His release isn’t slow imo. I think a lot of his misses are because they are off the dribble as well rather than spotted up. Largely due to him being the best player on his team most the time so he is doing the creating for himself and others. All things considered I think he scores at a decent clip for as difficult of shots he takes and how much he has the ball in his hands. He’s a pretty damn good secondary playmaker as well so him having the ball as much as he does is valid.

1 Like

To me, he’s a guy that is going to give you 15+ points per game as a freshman pretty easily. The question would be how efficiently he gets there.

1 Like

It just would depend on how often the ball is in his hands imo. I think he should rightfully get the lions share of touches in the halfcourt, but whomever lands him just can’t fully lean on him if they wanna win. It’ll help his efficiency and the team obviously. Plus I think he’s a pretty safe bet to dish out multiple assists every game as well. He’s a willing and pretty damn good passer.

2 Likes

I’m all in on Josh Christopher whether one and done or not.

1 Like

Yeah I dn how good a team basketball player he is but I think I’d have a good time watching him try to figure it out

1 Like

Expected that one to come. Always tough to be in a recruitment with Kentucky and Duke and it seems that we are in a few battles with them.

One thing to watch could be BJ Boston. Christopher obviously likes Kentucky and has discussed as much but if Boston commits to UK, maybe he looks to go somewhere else because there’s only one ball.

Does Boston have a commitment timeline?

Was originally going to be a late signing period decision but I believe there’s speculation now that it could come sooner than later. Don’t know the specifics.

Might not even matter because Christopher has called UK his dream school.

2 Likes

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/2020-five-star-guard-josh-christopher-hopes-recent-kentucky-interest-leads-to-offer-from-dream-school/

UK is really strong with Jalen Green too

Also just had a cb put in by Evan daniels for Cameron fletcher