Five-star guard Josh Christopher commits to Arizona State

agree, i think we are all ready for the 20 thoughts on zeb jackson post from @umhoops

15 Likes

I rock with my 4-stars. 5-stars (Todd pending), not so much.

Hunter just said he had a feeling that Josh was heading to ASU all day long. Zeb added that he thought that the culture shock from going from the West Coast to Michigan was probably a big factor for Josh. Both of them agreed that tonight was a big relief.

5 Likes

Welp. Blood is thicker than water. Good luck to the kid. Heā€™s a straight up baller. Michigan has some minutes and shots to fill and 6 will be interesting to see who steps up and embraces the opportunity.

1 Like

Ya know, I had to laugh a bit at the absurdity of it all. He really dragged that whole day out, changed his picture multiple times to images of Kobe to send the announcement at 8:24, only for the picture to actually go out at 8:25, which is also coincidentally Arizona Stateā€™s record in their last 5+ years of games against ranked opponents (8-25).

Hereā€™s to hoping Josh continues the trend by catching Michigan in the first round of the NCAA tournament next year and shooting 8-25 in a first round exit.

20 Likes

Ugh. Life is pretty hellish here in NYC and I suspect it will get much worse as the food supply chain crumbles. Oh well. Not in a particularly good place for a dong punch. Dammit.

3 Likes

I expect Wagner to be the best offensive player next year. He was great as a freshman and was really playing well down the stretch.

As far as the hole that needs to be filled, Michigan really just needs ONE of Bajema, Nunez or Zeb to be productive in a limited role.

If you can get Smith/Brooks to take majority of the mins at the 1 and 2, you just need a solid role player to come in for spot minutes (like DDJ this past year).

I think a lot of people are forgetting about Zeb Jackson. I could see him developing into a great role player this year.

13 Likes

Agreed , kid can hoop.

4 Likes

I will admit I always thought it was odd that Kentucky closed up shop on him long ago. It is crazy that they can turn away a 5 star guy like that. Whatever.

1 Like

FWIW recently Calipari has started pulling out of recruitments that he feels will turn into ā€œcircusesā€ where he views uk as a team used to drum up fan interest and drama. At least thats what the uk writers have said and in recent years youā€™ve seen them land less and being less involved with the top 10 kids. They pulled out of the Christopher, Todd and Jalen Green recruitments alone this year. I am guessing uk got good intel that the kid was a package deal with brother and Calipari didnt want uk to be used to drum up drama.

8 Likes

ā€¦

2 Likes

Emblematic of the Michigan brand. We even have two misses on the list!

9 Likes

Some of the names on here make this hurt even more.

He was playing everyone the whole time. I started to feel odd about it a few weeks ago when Cassius was on ig live or whatever with him saying m m m over and over. For an attention seeking 17 year old who loved messing with everyone all the picks coming in for us/ talk of it being a done deal made me nervous. Didnā€™t make sense with the rest of his behavior.

I know theyā€™re saying itā€™s not related but I refuse to believe Ddj Didnā€™t at least consider this. Think about it. Your kind of unhappy about how your being used, you have aspirations to play pro, your going into your junior year and they apparently just recruited right over you.

All Iā€™m saying is months ago if he was leaning this could have been that slight breeze to topple the house of cards,

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m sayinā€¦

Cassius Stanley had me on edge the whole recruitment. He was so strange and Josh was so accepting of it, which was stranger.

Thanks. Tough lesson to learn. Really want Todd, but kid has to sign on Wednesday (I know that still doesnā€™t guarantee it) and stop this nonsense. You canā€™t have your program held hostage by these kids. Looking forward to seeing what the plan is going forward.

1 Like

Kid is a straight up diiiiiiiva! You ā€œshocked the worldā€ cause no one thought youā€™d actually wanna play ball atā€¦ Arizona State?

3 Likes

I am very convinced josh used um to have a highly talked about national recruitment. I think originally he tried to use uk, but they quickly realized he was going to asu with his brother. UM with its fan base, new high profile coach and brand was the next best option for it. A ucla asu recruitment does not get the coverage or attention a michigan asu recruitment story did.

15 Likes

His lossā€¦

1 Like

Well damn it

Another thing is this was the staffs first rodeo as coaches with a circus like highly contested drawn out national recruitment. I guess Saddi was here for the bamba recruitment, but I dont think UM was ever seriously involved in that one and ever thought they had much of a chance. I am guessing a lot of things were learned from this. I specifically hope the coaches become less patient.

1 Like