Five-star guard Josh Christopher commits to Arizona State

Well then you are being dramatic.

That and you can’t understate the impact of getting 2 McDonald’s All-Americans in your first class as a coach. Plus you never know how this could impact Todd and if he signs or not

2 Likes

I really don’t think anything changed after December or January.

Rentals don’t excite me. Even Brazdeikis, as great as he was for a freshman, didn’t bring glory to the program. Plenty of talent coming in.

5 Likes

I mean…he was our only way to fill the massive gaping hole in our roster.

1 Like

Didn’t bring glory to the program lol

This Board already hated one and dones ; can’t wait for the takes now

6 Likes

You’re comparing a really solid player in Brazdeikis with a 5-star, 1-and-done, potentially top-10 NBA draft pick type of player. He would have been the highest rated recruit for Michigan in over a decade.

Thankfully Todd is that exact recruit as it stands. Need him to sign more than ever

2 Likes

Gotta hope that no sit out rule passes in May and get to work finding more pieces to plug in.

1 Like

Hurley’s strategy of getting Josh’s brother worked out well for him. Now Josh gets to spend a season doing whatever he wants in Hurley’s “system”, which I’m sure will be fun for him. That is a difficult team to watch, but I’ll bet it’s a fun one to play on if you’re a guard. Too bad for us, but we’ll be fine.

1 Like

Impact overblown? Where are the shot creators on next year’s team?

3 Likes

Including this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There is Franz Wagner and then we’ll have to rely on Brooks/Smith and or a freshman T Will to be ready from the jump.

2 Likes

Are there any Top 2021’s that can/will reclassify to 2020 that we can go after now instead?!

In a way I’m kind of relieved. That amount of drama there would be a constant walking distraction to the team!

Came down to Hurley or Howard University.

This has never felt more appropriate

9 Likes

The impact wasn’t just because he was a five star. It was because he would have filled a vital role next year at a really important position.

For example, Todd’s potential impact doesn’t come close to Josh’s for that reason.

4 Likes

Reclass players are often not ready to contribute immediately

Zeb and Hunter are on IG Live right now talking about it with Jace in the comments.

2 Likes

Zeb I think would be a primary candidate to take a LOT of minutes from JC. He’s a guy who can play with the ball. This is very good news for his progression, but if he turns out to be a good player, perhaps might render him leaving a year earlier.

1 Like