Five-star guard Josh Christopher commits to Arizona State

Sigh… it was too good to be true. Hopefully we can hold onto Todd and still do some work next year.

Wish DDJ stayed.

1 Like

johnmiller whyyyyyy!? :frowning: Sigh.

EDIT: john, I don’t actually hold it against you. Seems JC was intent on “shocking the world”.

5 Likes

Why on earth did DDJ transfer if this is the result? Kid would have started at PG and played 30+ minutes a game

2 Likes

Hope Todd,Dickinson and Williams all sign on Wed.

1 Like

The DDJ transfer was not because of Christopher. It had been brewing and rumored since during the year.

4 Likes

I swear if Todd doesn’t sign…

Well…can’t say I’m surprised. This is peak Michigan. Perpetual dong-punching. We’re just accustomed to it being on the football field, not the hardwood.

Brutal.

12 Likes

Idk Jaylen Brown was peak Michigan dong punch material too

1 Like

You know, in hindsight the 4 straight ASU games he went to was pretty telling. Visiting his brother or not.

2 Likes

Welp. Hopefully things will open up enough for Cole Bajema and Zeb to get some Camp Sanderson.

5 Likes

This one hurts so much more than Jaylen. Jaylen would have been fun but he wasn’t filling a need like JC would have. Eli Brooks is going to be the only guard on the roster next year that can 100% play at this level and he’s going to be asked to do so much more than he’s shown he is comfortable doing.

5 Likes

If ASU doesn’t get hot at the end of the year this doesn’t happen. P12 is such :poop:

3 Likes

Is there any possibility of regular transfers not needing to sit out this year? i vaguely recall that was in the works but likely not to be in effect until next offseason, IIRC. Could probably use a guard still…

Josh has already lost about 2,000 followers on Twitter lol

4 Likes

This one is going to hurt for a Long Long time. I’m not sure that Michigan is going to ever really feel confident in College basketball recruiting the truly elite players out of high school. So much happens behind the scenes. So much moving and shaking.

It will truly be hard to get Hopes up for an Elite level recruit anytime soon. This one is deep.

1 Like

Heavens. He’s a one-and-done. His impact was so overblown.

9 Likes

And he’s down 10,000 followers on Instagram

5 Likes

I don’t think it can be understated how big of an impact he would have made in our team this season

6 Likes

Kinda wish we could delete all articles about him on UMHoops, kind of in your face now to see that and think how he strung us along. Seemed full of himself anyway.

1 Like