European Super League

It was a great win for Djokovic, a match between two legends of the game with both playing their best tennis for those first three sets. I feel Blessed to have watched it. I just wish that Nadal SOMEHOW, had been able to pull out that third set, and then…who knows! But, again, great win for Djokovic.

1 Like

Still wild to me to think that we got Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic all around the same time. It’s like if Palmer, Nicklaus and Tiger were competing at the same time. Throw in Serena too……we are spoiled.

Anybody watching the Euros? Excited for tomorrow as Copa América starts so I’ll be able to watch soccer from 9 or noon til 10pm almost every day for just over a week.

4 Likes

Christian Eriksen just passed out and is unconscious on the field. They have been doing CPR and used the AED as well. Scary right now .

1 Like

Oh my gosh. And they’re showing that on TV?

2 Likes

Yeah, they kept cutting from shots to the crowd, to brief shots of his body. His teammates were surrounding him thankfully, so nobody could fully see.

1 Like

They went back to it. First time you can see them doing CPR they cut away quick, then went back a little later and you see they cut off his jersey and still doing it. Then cut to shots of his wife standing on the field, just repulsive stuff.

1 Like

He’s reported to be in stable condition now. Tough for Denmark that they restarted the match - I’m sure they weren’t in the same frame of mind, and they ended up losing in a big upset.

1 Like

Truly wild scene. Can’t remember a high profile athlete heart issue. Seems like he won’t die, so wonderful but wow. Surprised they got the game off, not surprised Danish lost. They were shook. (Shaken — sorry I am old)

1 Like

Hank Gathers is one that comes to mind. Fortunately that did not repeat this time.

2 Likes

I don’t play tennis, but I love watching exceptional athletes playing their hearts out on the big stage. These guys are such great athletes and in addition to everything they must do physically the emotions and the emotional swings during a tennis match are amazing. The level of mental and emotional control they must exercise, in addition to their outstanding physical skills, makes the sport very intriguing to me. I enjoyed watching yesterday’s epic match and I’m enjoying today’s as well!

1 Like

Hadn’t watched tennis in a long time. It was great to see long rallies (kind of lost interest as the men’s side of the sport became so serve-and-volley heavy) and clay court tennis is always fun with all the sliding.

1 Like

Are we watching another classic unfold? Djokovic has come to life.

Djokovic is amazing. He was seemingly dead and not playing well enough to find the life to come back from the dead. But he has. Again, the mental/emotional control, the resolve, the steely nerves. Wow! And this young kid has played amazing tennis, as well. WHAT a rising star. So impressed with these guys! And Tsitsipas just fought back from double break point. Against the number one player in the world very possibly of all time! Amazing!

Djokovic just gets to EVERYTHING!

OK, it’s 5-3 for Djokovic in the fifth set. I can’t believe Tsitsipas can pull this out, but if he does…
Regardless, this has been great!

Would be two incredible comebacks in the same match. I’m rooting for it, but think it will be too much for Tsitsipas

2 Likes

I agree, but it’s 5-4 now. Can he break him here?

The first of probably many grand slam finals for Tsitsipas. Tough loss for him.

1 Like

Great, great match, probably better than yesterday except yesterday was an epic match between two legends and today’s was between a true legendary player and in all likelihood a future legend. Like him or not Djokovic is great champion!

1 Like

Novak is like Chris Everett (Lloyd) in the men’s game. The consummate defensive player. He’s really the best I’ve ever seen, although the game has changed to favor defensive baseline play.

Nasal is a champion and the greatest clay court player ever but his game is the least appealing tennis I’ve seen. It just seems like so much work. Ivan Lendl was similar back when I was a teen and tennis was a major American sport.

Federer is a true genius but his championships seem to be in the past. Hard to see him playing top notch tennis three matches in a row these days, and honestly not sure he can play second tier tennis and win in the third round that’s days … might need four in a row. Haven’t seen that in a while. (Watch him go win Wimbledon.)

2 Likes