Eron Harris

I don’t think this is an either or situation. Harris and Irvin are Jrs when Coleman sets foot on campus.

They want a big in '15. Very limited Scholarships. Big time '16 class. I think it’s one or the other

JB has already said a big is not necessary in 2015, though it won’t be ruled out, and Bacari has said July/August camp/Euro trip will decide a lot. Sam Webb has also said 2 guards for 2015 is on the table.

I see 3 scholarships: Guard. Guard. Stretch/4

Can bank a scholly but I doubt it.

JB has already said a big is not necessary in 2015, though it won't be ruled out, and Bacari has said July/August camp/Euro trip will decide a lot. Sam Webb has also said 2 guards for 2015 is on the table.

Can bank a scholly but I doubt it.

Coleman + Harris/Sviat + Esa

Sounds perfect to me as of lately

Seems about right, I might add that it could be slightly more specific

Guard/Off-PG (MAAR/Douglass type), Guard/Wing (Ahrens), and Stretch 4/Combo Forward.

I say they bank it.

You think they take two combo guards in the same class? Nahh. I think they want Levert’s replacement and move on.
I don’t see any options at the S4 aside from Ahmad and he’s pretty giddy with OSU since they offered.
They will be very, very selective either way.

Yeah, they will definitely be more selective I think. If Dawkins and MAAR develop as expected, they probably don’t need more than 2 in the class. Honestly right now my only want is Jalen Coleman. If we can land him, the rest is gravy as far as I’m concerned. That said, Harris AND Coleman would make me giddy.

If Coleman and Sviat/Harris want to come, who says no?

We have 3 guaranteed schollys for 2016, not accounting for NBA departures, who in 2016 is good enough to decline a top 10 prospect or a 17 ppg scorer? Harris would be a Jr, like Irvin, when Coleman comes in and its not like any of the other schools recruiting him have less depth at the guard spots. Sviat may make banking a scholarship more likely due to 4 years of eligibility but Irvin’s pro prospects will determine that.

• Sviat could be one and done, right?

Yeah my assumption if Sviat plays college ball it will be for one year only.

As of now you still have to be 19 to enter the draft. He would be here 2 years considering his current age and trying to get in on the 14 class

As of now you still have to be 19 to enter the draft. He would be here 2 years considering his current age and trying to get in on the 14 class

Wow. I didn’t realize he’s that young. His game is pretty advanced.

We are not realistic players for Sviat in the least. He will not be coming to Michigan.

Chezeroo, why do you say that?

Sam Webb is saying he doesn’t think we will pursue because of MAAR and Dawkins. Should be interesting to look back on in a few years.

MSU’s lack of guard depth is starting to worry me with Eron Harris.

Nothing wrong with hope, but his interest in us is totally superficial. Generic contact likening to a form letter. Serious chance he plays pro in Europe, if not UVA is far and away his leader with KU an outside shot. Hey I hope for Leaf ( a long shot ) but he at least has mutual interest and contact. Sviat is not really viable IMO.

I’m just trying to figure out whether your opinion is based on something we all haven’t seen, or just a compilation of the public information out there?

guestavo said:

Seems about right, I might add that it could be slightly more specific

Guard/Off-PG (MAAR/Douglass type), Guard/Wing (Ahrens), and Stretch 4/Combo Forward.

That would be a pretty underwhelming class and a 2nd straight year of striking out at the guard spots

Get the sense that Ahrens would have to play a lot better in July to get an offer. Seems like he’s struggled a bit in EYBL play – recovering from a broken leg though.

I was using Ahrens as an example of a type of player, not of who may be at the top of the board.