DJ Wilson @ 6-10

Belein stated in the Max Befieldt article. He may be the future at the 4 position. That would be a big change from the day’s of 6-4 Zak Novak!

While he has plenty of bulk to build for it, I would not be opposed to him playing the 5 in his michigan career. With the front court depth we have, it is worth considering. I definitely acknowledge that is not his natural position in the offense.

Love that DJ is 6’10". The real question for me is his toughness - if he has anywhere as much “dawg” as Novak did he will be a force.

if he has anywhere as much "dawg" as Novak did

I believe the word you’re looking for is “grit”.

/s about racial euphemisms

Well I think we already know he doesn’t have as much “dawg” in his game as Novak based on his mannerisms in highlights and reading comments from those associated with him, but very few are Novak… He has great size and athleticism so if he can even be GR3 in terms of grit he should be really good

Your post makes not a Bit of sense, Sorry, IJS

Well I think we already know he doesn’t have as much “dawg” in his game as Novak based on his mannerisms in highlights and reading comments from those associated with him, but very few are Novak… He has great size and athleticism so if he can even be GR3 in terms of grit he should be really good

And Please take no offense, I just ask that you pull up any and every Novak High School Highlight and show me where you saw anything remotely showing you he would have any type of “Dawg” in him. We wont know what any of these guys will bring to the Floor Until game time. No?? Me personally all I see is Dawg with DJ.

Are you serious? That’s been DJ’s biggest knock from everyone… Has all the skills in the world but he’s a little soft for a guy that size… But that’s okay… When he bulks up and gets stronger he will probably have more confidence being aggressive.

And if you wanted to know what kind of guy Novak was in high school, he averaged like 30 ppg and was tough as nails even then… Despite DJ’s superior skillset he really didn’t average as many points and rebounds as you’d think

Love DJ but it’s like you are picking out his biggest weakness and calling it a strength… It’s like me calling Kam Chatman a lights out shooter like Stauskas… Doesn’t mean I don’t like these guys but they have other parts of their game that are much better

“Biggest knock from Everyone”?? Who might everyone you speak of be? And what gives them the authority to make such statements as truths? And if Im not Mistaken I thought I read somewhere DJ has already added 15 Extra pounds to his past listed Weight. Im sure he was also involved in the same Coach Sanderson 3 month Strength Training program Ricky Doyle spoke of in his Getting To Know Article. And its not all about How many points or Rebounds someone gets, Its about Skillset, Knowledge and Overall Game, he didnt Jump in the Top 100 up to 86th in Rankings because he is Soft for a guy his size, I dont think it works that way. And Kam Chatman is more than capable of shooting the outside shot. What articles have you been reading??

Are you serious? That’s been DJ’s biggest knock from everyone… Has all the skills in the world but he’s a little soft for a guy that size… But that’s okay… When he bulks up and gets stronger he will probably have more confidence being aggressive.

And if you wanted to know what kind of guy Novak was in high school, he averaged like 30 ppg and was tough as nails even then… Despite DJ’s superior skillset he really didn’t average as many points and rebounds as you’d think

Love DJ but it’s like you are picking out his biggest weakness and calling it a strength… It’s like me calling Kam Chatman a lights out shooter like Stauskas… Doesn’t mean I don’t like these guys but they have other parts of their game that are much better

Guys that are 6’10, can handle the ball, shoot from the outside, have length AND a motor are 5 star prospects

He’s top 100 because he has all but one… The recruiting scouts who have seen him play a lot are the guys who make the comments… Even Kam Chatman’s dad made a comment about how DJ would be a mcdonalds AA if he had a better motor

I love DJ and liked him more than guys like Grantham even when he was ranked lower… But I’m not going to confuse his strengths and weaknesses

How did Dawg turn to Motor??

Guys that are 6’10, can handle the ball, shoot from the outside, have length AND a motor are 5 star prospects

He’s top 100 because he has all but one… The recruiting scouts who have seen him play a lot are the guys who make the comments… Even Kam Chatman’s dad made a comment about how DJ would be a mcdonalds AA if he had a better motor

I love DJ and liked him more than guys like Grantham even when he was ranked lower… But I’m not going to confuse his strengths and weaknesses

Haha not sure what you consider dawg but I consider that to be a ruthless competitor that plays with a chip on his shoulder a la Trey Burke

Can’t have dawg in your game without a high motor

Now you’re going against someone who just wants to win an argument. We all know what you mean. Semantics.

How did a debate turn into an Argument??

Now you’re going against someone who just wants to win an argument. We all know what you mean. Semantics.

How did a debate turn into an Argument??
Now you're going against someone who just wants to win an argument. We all know what you mean. Semantics.

Ha! Good one!

I think he’s a perfect 4, and with a lot of bulk that he will hopefully gain he can be an effective 5 too if Donnel/Doyle don’t work out.