One name to remember: Seth Dugan

2015 big man Seth Dugan… Posted an update on the front page

He had a good spring and they are evaluating him. He’ll be in for a practice. He had a really big summer and is one of the sleeper big men recruits in the country. Schools like Davidson, Xavier have recently offered with Iowa, Purdue, Wisconsin keeping tabs.

JB should offer every bigman Bo Ryan offers.

Any film?

Also, any developments on the Sharma front? Seems really raw, but nice athlete and good rim protector.

Seems like our type of player…“a sleeper”.
DO we go after “sleepers”…or do we just end up with “sleepers” because we cant land the “knowns”?

If the end product is the same, does it matter?

Seems like our type of player...."a sleeper". DO we go after "sleepers"....or do we just end up with "sleepers" because we cant land the "knowns"?

I haven’t banned you because you sometimes actually do make enough positive posts for me to believe you aren’t just a troll, but c’mon man let’s drop the dooms day stuff in every thread.

Do you not think Better player typically develop better teams?
Does it matter? I think Yes - as most would - -thus the activity on this board.
DO research and youll find overall better recruiting results in better teams. I cant believe I just had to type that out for you.

Your wisdom is beyond me, obviously. I’ll just go glare at the stars like you.

I’m pretty sure Ben’s real name is Phil.

Do you not think Better player typically develop better tSo yeah, they can look on from above, but they won't be running a bunch of drills and things like others have said. They do talk to captains, S&C coaches, as well as "random run-ins", etc (I'm not perfectly clear on the changes this offseason, I know they can watch some film and stuff now, but this is at least how it used to work), and hear about people's work effort and progress over the summer.eams? Does it matter? I think Yes - as most would - -thus the activity on this board. DO research and youll find overall better recruiting results in better teams. I cant believe I just had to type that out for you.

I can’t believe you come at the administrator of this board like that. I hope he reconsiders your potential banning.

Do you not think Better player typically develop better tSo yeah, they can look on from above, but they won't be running a bunch of drills and things like others have said. They do talk to captains, S&C coaches, as well as "random run-ins", etc (I'm not perfectly clear on the changes this offseason, I know they can watch some film and stuff now, but this is at least how it used to work), and hear about people's work effort and progress over the summer.eams? Does it matter? I think Yes - as most would - -thus the activity on this board. DO research and youll find overall better recruiting results in better teams. I cant believe I just had to type that out for you.

I can’t believe you come at the administrator of this board like that. I hope he reconsiders your potential banning.

Was directed at Oracle

I apologize for doom and gloom. Just feel we should be doing great in recruiting since our success on court. I will try to be more positive.

Do you not think Better player typically develop better teams? Does it matter? I think Yes - as most would - -thus the activity on this board. DO research and youll find overall better recruiting results in better teams. I cant believe I just had to type that out for you.

As I said another thread:

In the past two years, only one school won as many tournament games as Michigan (Louisville), and Michigan was a tip-in inch away from winning the best conference in the country each year.

What more success do you reasonably expect?

Visiting for a practice before Europe

To be fair I think Ben is more interested in the overall direction of the team on a macro level vs our past achievements. He’s a bit extreme at times, but I do think he has some valid concern.

Still time for Otsego center Seth Dugan to get 20 offers before August, No. 16 Rhode Island. He'll be at U-M practice before their Euro trip

— Steve Bell (@BankHoops) July 30, 2014

Based strictly on recruiting rankings, this program is not on a recruiting decline at this point.

Being nervous (as plenty of us, including me, are) and what Ben is doing are light years apart.

Spoke with Seth tonight and will have a full update tomorrow. The plan is to get him on campus for a practice in August then check up on him and watch him workout in September.

Would potentially adding Dugan affect whether or not we take Teske in 2016?