DJ Wilson shows out

NorCal championship game v. #2 ranked team. DJ had a huge game. Link: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/03/22/6260456/capital-christian-done-in-by-odowd.html

Be warned, DJ was up against Ivan Rabb (15’ 5 star/#3), so I’m not sure if many players would look good considering the competition. So no way DJ could come close to having a good game.

This is his second great game against Rabb.

Liking the potentiality and more.
Need to get him in weight room and dinner table.

Seems like Wilson is a perfect fit for the Beilein culture! Another diamond!

This is 1 kid who I have no feel for just how good he can be. I like the fact that he looks very young and he’s very skinny. Both of those attributes can be fixed in college so I think he has a decent floor. The question is how much upside does he have. The optimist in me thinks we have another Caris Levert on our hands as he really had a good senior season.

I see a mixture of Glen Rice/Grant Hill/Scottie Pippen. He can become a special type player down the line with Hard Work!!

My question with Wilson is what position does he play? Is he a 3 or a stretch 4?

My question with Wilson is what position does he play? Is he a 3 or a stretch 4?
Most likely a stretch 4, but he'll need a red shirt year, at least, to add weight and strength.

I don’t think he red shirts if we lose our three pro’s.
Better start drinking those protein shakes.

If Robinson and McGary both leave, we’ll have no proven production in the front court. In that case, I think everyone will be in the mix for playing time. On the other hand, if McGary stays, at least one of Doyle/Wilson is very likely to redshirt.

This recruiting class, in my humble opinion, seems to be very under rated. I love the length and versatility of Chatman and Wilson along with Doyle’s massive frame. Wilson, like Levert, also seems to be that typical, Beilein diamond in the rough, and after a couple years in the system, should polish up very nicely.

Agree, but this class will be that much better if Doyle and Wilson can both RS. It’ll really maximize each of their 4 years.

Does anyone else think Wilson will do what LeVert did as a freshman (being the plan at the start of the season is to redshirt him but he proves that he can immediately contribute)?

Also I think it is more likely that Doyle redshirts his first year, like Donnal did, until Horford leaves because of the abundance of 4/5 guys that will be on the roster.

I see a mixture of Glen Rice/Grant Hill/Scottie Pippen. He can become a special type player down the line with Hard Work!!

I would love to see another Glen Rice! However, you put some massive players in that blender, therefore, high expectations for this 3 star recruit.

1 Like
Does anyone else think Wilson will do what LeVert did as a freshman (being the plan at the start of the season is to redshirt him but he proves that he can immediately contribute)?

Also I think it is more likely that Doyle redshirts his first year, like Donnal did, until Horford leaves because of the abundance of 4/5 guys that will be on the roster.

I think Wilson is definitely going to be on the Caris LeVert track of development. He’ll play inconsistent minutes for most of the season, and there’ll be times where we wonder if we should have burned his RS. But he’ll steadily get better as time goes on and if he has the same work ethic as Caris, he’ll make a huge jump for his sophomore year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUzp83iSX1k&sns=twyoutube.com/watch?v=OUzp83iSX1k&sns=tw

Levert/Wilson/Chatman. Imagine the 1-3-1 with all that length!

JB’s never been a big fan of the zone…it was born more out of necessity for past teams. Really like Wilson’s jumper for a 6-8 guy…could be lethal.

I’d love to see him work on the mid-range pullup jumper.
Pair that with his ball-handling and length…not sure how you’d stop it!