Davis puts up 43

Rumor has it Dantonio was in to watch Davis, Izzo was already there a few weeks back. Hope we are putting in the same type of effort for Davis, think this kid would be a huge get

I’d love him or Coleman if we plan to transition them into PGs

Going to MSU would kill his pro prospects imo …

I’d love to have Coleman or Brunson as well, but just dont get why we haven’t offered Davis. Are we saying these two are first priority? Haven’t seen either of them play, but I’ve watched Davis quite bit and everytime I come away more impressed then before. Seems as though he can score anytime he wants, and thats against high comp

Yeah, I’d take Davis over Brunson in a heartbeat. Maybe they are confident with Jalen Coleman?

I’m not sure I like the idea of “transitioning” a guard to point guard. I think it’s better to recruit a pure point guard like we’ve been doing. In any event, love to have Davis as a 2 cause he can play both positions like Beilein covets.

I'm not sure I like the idea of "transitioning" a guard to point guard. I think it's better to recruit a pure point guard like we've been doing. In any event, love to have Davis as a 2 cause he can play both positions like Beilein covets.

Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Steph Curry
Eric Bledsoe
Damian Lillard
Derrick Rose
Kemba Walker
Monta Ellis

And yes, even though he was a good ball manager, Trey Burke is a scoring PG.

Hey guys, let’s exchange 6’6’’ Nik Stauskas for 6’1’‘-6’3’’ Eric Davis. Brilliant idea.

Chill dude, never said to exchange a 6’6 shooter who I think is a 3/2 for a shorter guard who is a 2/1. In fact there would be room for both guys on the floor at the same time on occasions. Throw out all the names you want, I have 3, Morris, Burke & Walton, all pure Pg’s. Keep doing what your doing coach B.

Burke isn’t a pure PG LOL

It’s even a stretch to call Walton a pure PG

Remember guys, JB recruits kids that fit his culture and that have genuine qualities outside of basketball. He typically does not engage those kids that put themselves before the team from what I’ve seen. Look at his kids, all high character guys with strong work ethics. Look at the results over the past two years…competing with the best programs in the country with 3 and 4 start kids. His teams always outperform late in the season and get better because his kids buy into the culture…sometimes the best kids are in it for themselves and not the team.

Go Blue.

Burke isn't a pure PG LOL

If calling Walton a pure PG is a stretch…then I think your definition of a pure PG is a little too narrow-minded.

JMO.

If calling Walton a pure PG is a stretch…then I think your definition of a pure PG is a little too narrow-minded.

JMO.

There’s a reason why we run our offense through Nik and Caris.

Walton’s value at this point is in his ability to hit jumpshots and finish at the rim. He’s gotten much better getting us into our offense but he is more like Keith Appling/Burke than he is Ricky Rubio/TJ McConell.

Davis is a player guys, flat out! He made contested shots all night long, and had the crowd oohing and aahing at some of his ridiculous crossovers that resulted in buckets, and ones. This team (Mt. Pleasant) beat them earlier in the year and is no slouch. Have UD signee Hogan, and another D1 youngster, plus a couple of athletic mid-major football recruits. Davis is so skinny right now, but he is lithe, rangy, and skilled. He will no doubt fill out in the future, but looks like a kid that will always be quick and slight.

Ya and Hogan is a beast, can’t believe this guy slipped to UD. Under the radar guy, a big 6’7 255 with ups and tough to stop down low… To me it speaks volume on the type of player Davis is when he can score at will against this type of comp

JMO.

Walton’s value at this point is in his ability to hit jumpshots and finish at the rim. He’s gotten much better getting us into our offense but he is more like Keith Appling/Burke than he is Ricky Rubio/TJ McConell.

“True point guard” doesn’t translate to “PG that can’t score”. I think Derrick Walton’s game is eerily similar to Yogi Ferrell’s game. I consider Yogi Ferrell a true PG, regardless of how much his team needs him to score.

JMO.

“True point guard” doesn’t translate to “PG that can’t score”. I think Derrick Walton’s game is eerily similar to Yogi Ferrell’s game. I consider Yogi Ferrell a true PG, regardless of how much his team needs him to score.

I’m glad you have an opinion.

“Burke isn’t a pure PG” … Man, you guys have officially lost me.

"Burke isn't a pure PG" ... Man, you guys have officially lost me.

To be fair, I think it’s just one particular poster who likes to play devil’s advocate.

"Burke isn't a pure PG" ... Man, you guys have officially lost me.

To be fair, I think it’s just one particular poster who likes to play devil’s advocate.

You can go on any non-UM site and majority of the posters will say Burke is a scoring PG. Watch Ricky Rubio or MCW play if you want to see what a pure PG who has in-born instincts to create for others looks like…

Where did I say Trey Burke wasn’t a scorer? He is. But, again, “true point guard” doesn’t mean “can’t score”.

Last year, Trey Burke had a 3.0 assist to turnover ratio, a 37.3 assist %, and 6.7 assists per game.

You can do whatever dance you like, but “you aren’t changing any opinions”.

I don’t need to change anyones opinion when majority of people not UM fans would agree that he isn’t a pure PG.