College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

michigan could really use kyle filipowski this year :confused:

2 Likes

Removed now from the emotional rollercoaster of last season DJ was really good. That Ohio State game in particular was masterful and heroic

2 Likes
7 Likes

Kenny Payne has to be fired, right?

2 Likes

Man, how did they crater into one of the worst team in the country?

1 Like

watching kansas vs baylor makes me realize how far away michigan is lol

2 Likes

Interesting. I think Hunter would pose a serious matchup problem to either of those teams and that matchup alone could turn a game in our favour. Re: Kansas, Harris-Dug and Dick-Kobe would be fair matchups. Wilson would give us problems the same way Hunter would give them problems. Re: Baylor, those guards are good and I think they’d be a tougher matchup than Kansas for us. However, George is a Jett-level defender and we would certainly take advantage of that. If we were to sneak into the tourney, I’d love a draw that leads to Kansas.

2 Likes

This is wild

4 Likes

Emoni Bates catches fire for 29 straight points in 1st half :exploding_head:

Finished at 29 in the half. Special talent.

3 Likes

Certainly had no use for that in our rotation

2 Likes

Sophomore Emoni Bates is still only 18 years old. Freshman Dug Mcdaniel turned 19 two weeks ago.

Dug is a full year older than Emoni despite being a class below. That’s how young Emoni was last year when he struggled at Memphis. People put way too much stock into him struggling last season. Dude was really young.

2 Likes

29 points in the first half on a nationally televised game and losing at half time is definitely on the Emoni Bates bingo card.

8 Likes

Team is still losing. Yawn.

2 Likes

Useful players can still lose on bad teams. Would Easten Michigan somehow be winning if you replaced Emoni tonight with Jace, Baker, Tschetter, or Barnes?

3 Likes

Eight of ten from three. Fun.

2 Likes

Dug is 20. Bates turns 19 in a couple days.

1 Like

Team is still losing. 80% from three is no good. They’d be up 20 with Tschetter.

2 Likes

Will Tschetter would never go 8 of 10 from 3 and would also never go 1 of 12 or 2 of 14

2 Likes

Not the point at all as everyone has explained to you hear. You keep propping up this strawman that just doesn’t apply.

I think from everything we’ve seen of both players – and one getting arrested – it is pretty clear that Emoni Bates and Jett Howard playing next to each other wouldn’t really work for anyone. Unless there are two basketballs :rofl:

The Emoni thing was never about his freshman year production (he didn’t play most of the year) it was about everything else. None of that has changed.

5 Likes

The “Emoni” chat filter isn’t working!!

5 Likes