College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

How can you say that when I can quote people citing his freshman year as justification for him not be good at basketball going forward?

1 Like

One person saying something doesnā€™t mean it is reality.

Also, Emoni Bates currently has a 91.2 ORtg in the MAC and was shooting 21% from three in MAC games before today.

This year pretty much shows just how talented he is and how far he still needs to go to put it together.

I personally really hope he gets there, weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Actually, theyā€™re up five on Toledo, who rarely lose at home. Win would be big for a team that has really struggled.

Iā€™m always rooting for Eastern. My grandfather graduated from there back when it was Ypsi Normal. Went on to run school systems all over the state. I have photos of him in a silly hat picknicing with my grandmother in front of that very phallic tower in the teens of last century, shortly before he went off to France to fight as a volunteer, before the U.S. entered the war. Emoni has 36 now, with ten minutes to go in the game.

2 Likes

If I can quote more than one person here saying that can I get a free year sub? Iā€™m well aware of the positions I argued against here this past summer.

Nope ā€“ everyone is tired of this topic, especially of just having one person rehash both sides of it.

Letā€™s just take tonight to admire Emoni going for 36 in a narrow loss (or maybe a win!)

3 Likes

I know heā€™s probably a defensive liability, but JT Shumate looks like heā€™d be a hoot on offense.

1 Like

Toledoā€™s offense is really fun. Shame that Kowalczyk hasnā€™t figured out how to break through to the NCAA Tournament.

3 Likes

Dude is relentless at propping up a losing basketball player. Nobody cares.

2 Likes

Could the streak end? :eyes:

4 Likes

I love Freak Cookies.

Toledo is a really fun team to find matchups against bad offenses. Vegas always underrates them in my opinionā€¦ Theyā€™ve won me a lot of money ever since we played them a couple years back.

1 Like

Did he think there were 2 seconds left instead of 20?

1 Like

29-game Big East losing streak about to be no more!!

6 Likes

KSU vs ISU is the battle of the outlandishly old teams made up entirely of transfers

Good grief, GTown tried to give it away but managed to hold on.

Gabe Kalscheur being the best perimeter option on a top 12 team in the country bothers me to no end

4 Likes

He has an ORtg of 131(!!) in seven league games this season. It was 77(!!) in 18 last year.

What.

3 Likes

heā€™s on that Tommy Boy 7th year late bloomer arc

6 Likes

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bullā€™s @$$, but Iā€™d rather take the butcherā€™s word for it.

3 Likes

Covid broke college basketball

7 Likes