College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

This is gonna be interesting

If Dain Dainja and Rj Melendez aren’t top 3 then I riot!

4 Likes

I already don’t think some of these guys should be top 25 players from the past decade so this should be good once we see who was left off the list

3 Likes

Anthony Davis is a layup for #1, right?

John Wall #2? That 2010 team was crazy good.

Kyrie was really good in 2011, but everybody hates him, so why not Kemba Walker?

Doug McDermott, Trey!, DeAngelo Russell – nah, which Sparty – Gary Harris? Valentine? Bridges?, Was Embiid healthy enough?, Frank Kaminski, A Zag – Sabonis, I suppose, Buddy Hield or Trae Young (4 years, I think v 1 great one)?, Donovan Mitchell gets some NBA halo?, Duke guys - Okaphor or whatever was best player on that championship, 2019 is harder w/ Bagley and Carter very eh in NBA,

Very good topic. I’m sure I’ve missed a bunch I liked.

Edit: Stauskas? That was a pretty good year.

My bad - forgot about the dominant program of last 10 years – Jalen Brunson, top 10 easy, probably top 5.

I never watch out West Coast hoop, so I’m sure I’m forgetting somebody – Oregon had Pritchett and that Big that went to GS, Ayton, of course, but that team wasn’t great … UCLA doldrums, ugh, can’t remember anybody!

1 Like

Frank Kaminsky was dominant and took his team to the finals.

Mikal Bridges and/or Jalen Brunson.

2 Likes

he played 11 games for Duke, there’s no way he’s on this list

3 Likes

I think you’re going back too far with some guys. I’m guessing it’s 2013-2022

4 Likes

Marcus Keene? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

NPOYs are: Burke, McDermott, Kaminsky, Hield/Valentine, Mason, Brunson, Zion, Toppin, Garza, Tschiebwe.

So now there are only 9 more spots and IMO plenty of guys who deserve it over Bacot and Banchero.

5 Likes

Congrats, you passed Social Media Engagement 101 :wink:

11 Likes

Nick Ward top 10

Armando Bacot being on it is something. A junior that’s been on one good team, never been an All american, 1 first team all conference. Just insane recency bias or a wild emphasis on double doubles

11 Likes

Hah. I forgot Zion. He’ll make the squad.

3 Likes

He won’t make the list but Tyler Haws should be there. Also Mike Daum.

1 Like

Cassius Winston

3 Likes

Donnie Tillman

7 Likes

who would be the leaders if you only considered their games against michigan? what a fun exercise that is!

1 Like

Donte DiVincenzo

5 Likes

Russ Smith

2 Likes

Steve Bologna

2 Likes

Ron Harper Jr. top 20 for sure.

2 Likes