College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Bologna. Rigatoni

2 Likes

OK so those words get past the filter. I get it now ā€“ post had been awaiting moderation because I quoted Boutrosā€™ post in mine.

On paper that team is stacked. I know itā€™s been questioned around here if Hunter is a net positive for team chemistry. I guess we will find out with this squad.

Iā€™m sure heā€™s going to be awesome for them - but I think there is going to be an awkward adjustment period early in the year that could be a little bumpy as everyone figures out how to fit in. Coaches, players, rotation, etc. At Michigan Hunter was going to play 35 minutes and touch the ball on just about every possession. With all that talent, is that going to be the case there?

Seems like the perceived poachers (Arizona for Nembhard, Maryland for Dickinson, etc.) keep coming up short once the market opens:

2 Likes

Where is he visiting?

I believe Kentucky is one of them

1 Like

Indiana would make sense if they have money left. UConn?

Random note, if Edey returns then Purdue leaps KU on Torvik

4 Likes

I think the only appropriate response here is ell oh ell

2 Likes

Texas is out of their GD mind if they get love. They have Abmas and hunter!

Also feels bad that heā€™s now being courted by that trio

2 Likes

So there were no suitors for him before, then he had academic issues, and now three national contenders full of talent are on his list??? WTH?

2 Likes

People keep bringing up the no suitors, but he was in the portal for like a week before he committed to Michigan. There wasnā€™t even that much time for a bunch of teams to get involved. I think had he waited it out, the list would have been much bigger even then. But certainly at this point when there are like 3 good guards in the whole portal and heā€™s by far the most proven at a HM level of the bunch.

2 Likes

Yep, the guys everyone wanted then have committed to other places. Arizona wanted Nembhard back then, now they need someone else, etc.

Can we trade Arizona Love for Bradley so that we get some value out of the time that we had with Love?

3 Likes

Texas makes the most sense to me for Love. They did a really good job with Marcus Carr and like to play with shot jacking guards.

1 Like

Texas doesnā€™t need him! Gonzaga got Nembhard! we have nothing!

just comedic that those teams can come in and swoop up whoever they want (as long as they donā€™t all want the same players, in Arizonaā€™s case)

Texas got Abmas, Gonzaga got Nembhard, Arizona got Bradley, we got nothing. One of those schools just gets richer with a second high level portal guard.

I mean, I imagine it is more about Love needing to find somewhere to go at this point more than anything. Iā€™m sure admissions nixes some options, how he plays nixes some options, other rosters nix some options, etc.

1 Like

Right? I find it odd that he was basically reported as being avoided by most as seen as baggage the first time around with us and Missouri as the main suitors. Now Arizona, Texas, and Gonzaga are in the mix?

Edit: I see most comments below that reply have addressed this. Shouldā€™ve finished reading the new posts before replying!

2 Likes