Charles Matthews to withdraw from NBA Draft, return to Michigan

If Winston continues to be stellar on offense he’s got a shot in the league. Probably back up pg as a defensive sieve, but he can do everything on offense, or his college stats will say he can. (Not everyone may notice that good defenders can lock him up, and the league has plenty of those).

I think everyone will notice. That’s what scouts get paid for.

3 Likes

Yeah Winston has some really nice O metrics from last season. I am very curious how he does without two lottery picks flanking him. I could easily eat crow on this but still maintain that Winston won’t stick in the league

1 Like

Winston isn’t an NBA caliber player imo. Just not athletic enough

3 Likes

Winston has a nearly maxed out offensive wizardry and an arsenal of sneaky cheats. Without the extremely high IQ and skill set he is not even athletic enough to play d1.

2 Likes

But with his high bball IQ, elite shooting skill and good court vision, he is one of the better D1 players. I will be interested to see what he does differently after working on his game this offseason. One of the things I love about college basketball is how much the players can change from one year to the next.

3 Likes

As critical as I have been of Izzo’s players, and MSU basketball in general, I really enjoy watching Winston play offense and I am sort of hoping he does well individually.

1 Like

Haven’t read the article yet, but I’m sure it’s a good one.

1 Like

He talks a bit about his shooting in the article. I noticed in the pre-Spain videos, he consistently jumps to his left on his jump shots. Seems like he should try to fix that.

3 Likes

He did that all last year. He certainly got feedback on that and I’m sure Coach B is trying to help him with it. It just leads to inconsistency. I’m a huge Charles fan, as I would hope we all are, but I was disappointed to see that he still floats left on his shot.

5 Likes