Caris LeVert Draft Stock

Caris would still be option A next year, but would just have better options around him. Without knowing Caris personally, he seems like he’d be fine with that situation. And he’d also have seen what it did for Nik, whose usage he’d almost certainly match.

@mpbear14 OP said 'he needs to pound the rock looking for his shot' to shine. I don't think that's necessarily true.

I should have put “It sure seemed like in Levert’s mind, he needs to pound the rock looking for his shot to sine.”

I agree, that’s not true. I think Levert and this team are at their best when Levert isn’t pounding a hole in the ground dribbling.

Caris would still be option A next year, but would just have better options around him. Without knowing Caris personally, he seems like he'd be fine with that situation. And he'd also have seen what it did for Nik, whose usage he'd almost certainly match.

Caris would not be option A if we land Brown…I can dream, right?

Caris would still be option A next year, but would just have better options around him. Without knowing Caris personally, he seems like he'd be fine with that situation. And he'd also have seen what it did for Nik, whose usage he'd almost certainly match.

We can all dream!

New Rivals piece talking about next year’s team gives some odds for LeVert returning to get his degree in passing.

Dylan, let me know if this is a step too far for paywalled content.

If Caris returned he would most definitely be option A even with Jaylen aboard.

Caris would still be option A next year, but would just have better options around him. Without knowing Caris personally, he seems like he’d be fine with that situation. And he’d also have seen what it did for Nik, whose usage he’d almost certainly match.

Last season, before he was hurt, teams focused on stopping Caris. So, after a good start, he struggled. If you recall, the same happened to Nik, but he eventually got it together for an outstanding season. If Caris comes back, and I think he will, he will have a great season, assuming he stays healthy. We’ll have more weapons, and that will make it tougher to target him.

Just curious, who do you feel is the better prospect/player/talent? I will list the following names and if you don’t mind I would like you to list them in an order you consider best to worst.

Stanley Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Justise Winslow, Purdue Glenn Robinson Jr., Albert White, Andrew Wiggins, Jalen Rose, Kevon Looney, Isaiah JR Rider, Josh Jackson, James Forrest, Jaylen Brown, Antawn Jamison, Jamal Crawford, Carmelo Anthony, Michael Beasley, Ron Mercer.

Just curious, who do you feel is the better prospect/player/talent? I will list the following names and if you don't mind I would like you to list them in an order you consider best to worst.

Stanley Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Justise Winslow, Purdue Glenn Robinson Jr., Albert White, Andrew Wiggins, Jalen Rose, Kevon Looney, Isaiah JR Rider, Josh Jackson, James Forrest, Jaylen Brown, Antawn Jamison, Jamal Crawford, Carmelo Anthony, Michael Beasley, Ron Mercer.

It’s not really possible for me to essentially rank that group of players…there is no struture to it. You literally want me to rank current HS kids, college kids, and NBA/former NBA players within the same list…how the hell does that make senese?

Delete

Sure you can. It’s just an opinion, no right or wrong here. Like I say I’m just curious as to what level of Surefire you’re placing on Jaylen Brown. I’m sure you watched all the players named even while in High School. How does Jaylens game/talent compare to those listed coming out of High School? Not their rank coming out of High School but their game and talent.

Just curious, who do you feel is the better prospect/player/talent? I will list the following names and if you don't mind I would like you to list them in an order you consider best to worst.

It’s not really possible for me to essentially rank that group of players…there is no struture to it. You literally want me to rank current HS kids, college kids, and NBA/former NBA players within the same list…how the hell does that make senese?

Well, if you are asking me to compare Jaylen Brown in relation to the players you referenced in that list while they were in HS, I could certainly do that provided I have seen said players either live or on film. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen all of those players in HS.

However, I will appease you to the extent of comparing Brown in HS to those players which I have seen (let me start this by saying I’ve seen you implicitly say that Brown is no better than Albert White…which is silly in my opinion, but that tells me where you are headed with this).

Brown>HS versions of White, Looney, Rose, Winslow, Wiggins

Brown more or less equal with Johnson, Jackson

Can’t really speak to the other guys because I didn’t see as much film/live games while they were in HS. I’m sure I could dig up some film, but not worth the time.

Wow, you’ve got Brown ranked higher than high school versions of Rose and Wiggins? And by inference, you also have Stanley Johnson ranked higher than Rose and Wiggins too? Interesting. I don’t agree, but obviously it’s just all opinion. I would agree he’s way ahead of Albert White - better handle, better shot.

In the rest of this thread, dealing with Levert, I don’t agree Blackmon is a better prospect. When I’ve watched him lately, he just seems too short and length and athleticism are not special. I’d say Caris - during the 2013/2014 season and before the foot injury - was a better finisher. The work he did around the rim in that Duke game is something Blackmon could have never done.

With that said, I’d draft Booker ahead of Caris easily. I like Booker a lot - he’s tall, has a great shot, and his ability to put the ball on the floor and hit midrange shots or finish at the rim is really underrated. I think he’s going to be a really good wing shooter in the NBA.

Wow, you've got Brown ranked higher than high school versions of Rose and Wiggins? And by inference, you also have Stanley Johnson ranked higher than Rose and Wiggins too? Interesting. I don't agree, but obviously it's just all opinion. I would agree he's way ahead of Albert White - better handle, better shot.

In the rest of this thread, dealing with Levert, I don’t agree Blackmon is a better prospect. When I’ve watched him lately, he just seems too short and length and athleticism are not special. I’d say Caris - during the 2013/2014 season and before the foot injury - was a better finisher. The work he did around the rim in that Duke game is something Blackmon could have never done.

With that said, I’d draft Booker ahead of Caris easily. I like Booker a lot - he’s tall, has a great shot, and his ability to put the ball on the floor and hit midrange shots or finish at the rim is really underrated. I think he’s going to be a really good wing shooter in the NBA.

Wiggins was a freak athlete in HS, but Brown is an elite athlete as well…difference is Brown has a better handle, better shot, and better passing ability than Wiggins at the same stage. I had the opportunity to play against Jalen Rose at St. Cecilia some years ago while he was still at UM…his handle was not great, jumpshot was pretty good, and he’s just an average athlete…it was his passing ability at 6’8 that made him really good. Brown at the same age had better handle, shot the ball just as well, and was light years ahead in terms of athelticism.

I wasn’t trying to take it anywhere. I was merely trying to gauge your projection of Jaylen Browns Talent. Would you project Jaylen to become a better College player than those listed? If not where would he fall in the list?

My order, best to worst talents of those listed.

Josh Jackson, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo Anthony, Glenn Robinson, Michael Beasley, Antawn Jamison, Jamal Crawford, Jalen Rose, JR Rider, Albert White, Ron Mercer, James Forrest, Justise Winslow, Andrew Wiggins, Jaylen Brown, Kevon Looney, Stanley Johnson.

I wasn't trying to take it anywhere. I was merely trying to gauge your projection of Jaylen Browns Talent. Would you project Jaylen to become a better College player than those listed? If not where would he fall in the list?

Josh Jackson, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo Anthony, Glenn Robinson, Michael Beasley, Antawn Jamison, Jamal Crawford, Jalen Rose, JR Rider, Albert White, Ron Mercer, James Forrest, Justise Winslow, Jaylen Brown, Kevon Looney, Stanley Johnson.

What Brown does in college basketball is irrelevant…because college basketball has become largely irrelevant based on the 1 and done rule. The quality of college basketball is very poor in contemporary times, and until the entry rules are amended, it will continue to be. None of the referenced players will be as good as Big Dog in college…probably the most dominating player I’ve even seen in college.

Wiggins was a freak athlete in HS, but Brown is an elite athlete as well…difference is Brown has a better handle, better shot, and better passing ability than Wiggins at the same stage.

Just to be clear from the start, just messing with you a little, not trying to pick an argument, but…

looks like you are saying that when you add skill onto someone with slightly less athleticism it gives them the leg up

Wiggins was a freak athlete in HS, but Brown is an elite athlete as well…difference is Brown has a better handle, better shot, and better passing ability than Wiggins at the same stage.

Just to be clear from the start, just messing with you a little, not trying to pick an argument, but…

looks like you are saying that when you add skill onto someone with slightly less athleticism it gives them the leg up

If you add some skill I don’t think it would make much of a difference, but when you handle the rock better, shoot better, and have better courtvision…of course that makes a difference. Additionally, although Wiggins was better vertically, Brown is far superior in the strength department…so essentially Brown was more or less equal in terms of atheltic ability but considerably better in the skill department.

That’s fine. How about we do it this way, I guess I’m trying to gauge how you view skill and talent. If you have/had a son and he could own any of the Overall package/talent (size,speed,skill, athleticism) of those listed whose would you prefer him to have while pursuing a career in Basketball?

P.S. Michael Beasley was no slouch in college, he put in just as much work as the Big Dog.

I wasn’t trying to take it anywhere. I was merely trying to gauge your projection of Jaylen Browns Talent. Would you project Jaylen to become a better College player than those listed? If not where would he fall in the list?

Josh Jackson, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo Anthony, Glenn Robinson, Michael Beasley, Antawn Jamison, Jamal Crawford, Jalen Rose, JR Rider, Albert White, Ron Mercer, James Forrest, Justise Winslow, Jaylen Brown, Kevon Looney, Stanley Johnson.

What Brown does in college basketball is irrelevant…because college basketball has become largely irrelevant based on the 1 and done rule. The quality of college basketball is very poor in contemporary times, and until the entry rules are amended, it will continue to be. None of the referenced players will be as good as Big Dog in college…probably the most dominating player I’ve even seen in college.

That's fine. How about we do it this way, I guess I'm trying to gauge how you view skill and talent. If you have/had a son and he could own any of the Overall package/talent (size,speed,skill, athleticism) of those listed whose would you prefer him to have while pursuing a career in Basketball?

P.S. Michael Beasley was no slouch in college, he put in just as much work as the Big Dog.

Beasely played exactly 1 year of college ball, to compare him to the Big Dog is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Generally speaking, if my hypothetical son could have 1 attribute…no doubt it would be athleticism. Skills can be taught with repetition…speed, lateral agility, verticality can only be improved marginally no matter how hard you work. Athleticism is pretty much immutable…it’s a gift from above.