Burke v Hardaway

Watching Knicks and Jazz. Painful. Question… Who has longer NBA career… Struggling starter Burke or struggling bench player Hardaway? Both on miserable teams.

THJ because he has a defined role and he’s pretty good at it. Trey Burke is a tweener that isn’t very good at ball distribution or scoring, plus he’s a below average defender. Burke is a much better fit for the bench in my opinion.

13 points, 8 assists, 3-5 on threes, plus the game winner at the buzzer. Trey’s been struggling. Hopefully, this gives him some confidence. THJ with 3 points in 15 minutes. Fisher hasn’t given him much run.

Looks like Trey had a really nice game, hopefully this is the start of many more to come. THJ is going to be required to play better D under Fisher, as he was always a hard nosed player that gave. 100% on the defensive end. He will not allow Timmy to coast on that end

While Timmy’s defense may be a reason why he’s not getting much time on the court, the Knicks are also very stacked at the guard position. They have Iman Shumpert, Cleanthony Early, JR Smith, and Pablo Prigioni. It makes it difficult for THJr to get playing time.

I watched the 2nd half of the game. Burke played a great game tonight, not only he made the winning shot, he made another big shot 2 minutes left in the game. His defense is solid too, in one occasion, he was slow off a screen but recovered to make a block. Hardaway did not played much. Both teams were pretty bad, but Knicks looked worse.

I don’t know. THJr isnt really good at his role off the bench and has seen dwindling minutes because he can’t play defense. So both are projecting down.

THj if he can play a little defense.
Trey if he can find his shot from outside.

I honestly think they’ll finish about the same time (barring injury)

Wow. Perfect Trey ending.

Gif of Burke’s game winning shot for those that want to see it:

http://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-knicks-utah-jazz-trey-burke-yoJC2HmACWNesMcOl2

I feel badly for Timmy and the Knicks, that’s just a heartbreaking way to lose a game, especially considering how hard Melo was playing to tie the game up to that point. But I’m also so happy for Burke, he’s been having a rough stretch in the early going this season, but hopefully this will get him on track.

The future of both players is tied to their ability to effectively shot the 3 ball in my opinion.

For Trey particularly, yes, the 3 ball will make or break his NBA career. Hardaway is a streaky shooter, but he can definitely shoot the 3, and his transition game and off-ball movement are both underrated in my opinion. The key to success for Hardaway will be to affect the game in other ways than just the scoring column. He needs to rebound and assist and play decent defense. Trey averages 6-7 assists per game, so even if he isn’t score he is doing other things for his team, but having a reliable jumper will definitely keep him on the court.

THJ is averaging over 10 pts and shooting 40% from 3 this year. Trey has had 3 straight games with 8 or more assists. Could be worse. Trey does need to get his shot dropping.

Had a chance to check out Trey last night vs TOR - not as many long 2s as usual, but man did he have a rough night in terms of finishing around the rim or 4-7 foot shots. His D leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I would love to see Trey work with Tony Parker on the floater in the summer, I think that would really help Trey become a more effective player.

Wiggins is taking JR Smith to the rack with ease…he’s just better. Talk about no D, that would be the same JR Smith that was guarding Trey at the buzzer. The Knick’s are very bad but I enjoy watching THJ.

Last 2 minutes of the Knicks T-wolves game had GRIII matched up against THJ. THJ looked taller to me and it was nice to see GRIII hit the floor.

Had a chance to check out Trey last night vs TOR - not as many long 2s as usual, but man did he have a rough night in terms of finishing around the rim or 4-7 foot shots. His D leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I would love to see Trey work with Tony Parker on the floater in the summer, I think that would really help Trey become a more effective player.

It seems like trey shys away from the contact when going for lay ups. I watch every game of his and I’ve noticed him doing this alot more this year than last year . Last year he was getting killed alot with no calls. He just needs to get stronger .

edit: wrong thread

Nice feature on Tim and Glenn http://t.co/lhAntcOtxv

Watched Trey last night vs the Nuggets, he had a really nice game. He had a few long 2 point jumpers that are simply bad shots in terms of percentage, but the 3 ball was going in and his decision making was much better vs a few weeks ago. When the 3 ball is going for Trey it just opens up the game for him because defenders have to respect his shot and it allows him the option to pass off PnR and create for others. Really nice to see Trey get it going.