BTT 2021: Michigan vs. Ohio State Open Thread

Agree just have to hope brown still eats a ton of the minutes and it’s just a starter thing.

Interested to see how Johns responds. It makes sense to have John’s starts so we might avoid John’s and Davis together

5 Likes

I hope so too, but I have a feeling he won’t even get to 30 minutes

He will still play a bunch, just not all at the 4.

I mean, Johns is the ultimate wildcard on this team. The bigger question in my mind is whether or not Coach Howard will cut his minutes if he’s having a Bad BJJ day instead of a Good BJJ day.

1 Like

This makes some sense. I just hope we get Chaundee to at least 33 minutes

1 Like

Does Johns guard Liddell? Probably will see a lot of zone regardless.

Michigan’s zone plus Duane Washington sounds like a bad idea to me.

There’s a pretty strong argument that it makes sense to play most of Johns minutes with the starters… and it keeps some rotational flexibility, Johns probably needs a burst of confidence, he practices at the position and and Brown will still play a lot.

Johns is going to have to play.

9 Likes

Yeah Johns and Williams combined are going to need to play 30+ minutes, hopefully Johns can play the vast majority of that

Jim Nantz trying to sound enthusiastic …

Steve Buscemi “what’s happening fellow kids” .gif.

2 Likes

That’s my perspective. His issues are mental mostly. This could help him loosen up and find a groove. He played well last year in replacement at times.

If Johns and Williams combine for 30+ minutes and it isn’t because we quickly realize we have no chance, I think that bodes really well for us.

Is this going to be like 2014 where we got through the opening weekend and kept speculating whether or not Mitch McGary is going to return?

2 Likes

Tracy Wolfson just said that a source told her he suffered the fracture against Illinois. Did they not give him an MRI til now???

2 Likes

If Austin Davis landed on my leg, I’d have issues too. :cry:

Well we have 160 minutes between the 1-4 and our best four players can’t play all 160

Somebody slow down Washington today. Please.

He lives for us.

Surprised Nantz hasn’t mentioned the Masters yet.

3 Likes