Big Ten Tournament: Michigan vs. Iowa Preview

1 Like

The KenPom projection seems very generous. The Wolverines have struggled to score north of 70 points in games in 2019, even when they dominate games.

This is a worry game if Michigan has to use random bench lineups extensively as it did in the first half in East Lansing.

Interested to see how the refs officiate Cook’s bully ball post ups on Teske. Cook got the benefit of the doubt in ramming and charging in down low early on against Teske in Iowa City.

If ever this Michigan outfit wants to show its out for blood, this is the perfect game to make an impact statement that its out for Vengeance from here through that first Monday night in April.

2 Likes

I think Iggy will be the key to this game. Thinking about meetings with Wisconsin and Iowa specifically, he has struggled in games where he’s matched up against a bigger four.

2 Likes

i agree with all your points

I’m interested to see if Castleton plays a significant role in this game. Held his own against maybe the most talented physical big in Bruno, maybe he gives us enough depth at the 5 to not get bullied by fouls and actually hold our own in the paint.

KenPom is much more bullish than I am.

1 Like

Hawkeye perspective: https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2019/3/15/18267013/iowa-hawkeyes-basketball-michigan-wolverines-big-ten-tournament-tyler-cook-nicholas-baer-bhgp

Totally agree. Time to show a killer instinct and Pit Bull defense.

I’m going to be at this one with my kids. Terrified given how it went down in Iowa City that I’m gonna keep them up until 11 to watch a bummer

1 Like

I’m not feeling the BTT this season. Not going to bother me much, if at all, should M lose tonight. Last two BTT’s have been nice, but the season defining tournament starts next week. This seems like a consolation prize after losing the winner take all game vs MSU last week.