Game 17: Michigan at Iowa Preview

Don’t feel good about this one at all without Livers, where we really need him to shoot over the top of their zone.

2 Likes

i agree, not feeling well about this game at all

Yeah, Michigan is 1-5 in its last six trips to Carver-Hawkeye. Don’t see them walking out 2-5 in their last seven.

So over/under 29.5 points for Luka Garza tonight?

I would predict the over

2 Likes

I agree with Dylan on the hot-button topic of post defense — I expect more aggressive digging from a player not guarding the post, but no straight out double teams. I also expect more ball pressure on the perimeter to make post entries more difficult; I thought this was a weak point in some of the past games.

1 Like

Simpson digging off of Toussaint makes a lot of sense to me, where possible.

I don’t love that Franz has been a somewhat natural option to double team quite a bit and he’ll probably be matched up with Wieskamp. Feels like potential disaster.

2 Likes

I’ll take the under, mostly because I’m hoping not to throw the remote through the TV screen tonight

2 Likes

Is tonight the night we see Cole get some run and go off? I’d be all for it.

Don’t hold your breath

2 Likes

Unless Juwan is secretly an anonymous message board poster, there’s nothing to suggest that. Crazier things have happened, but seems unlikely

1 Like

My hope is that Johns goes beast mode on the boards and Iowa is limited to 2 off rebounds for the game …

My hope is that Michigan pitches a shutout and Iowa doesn’t score a basket the entire game.

3 Likes

You drive a hard bargain, but I’m on board.

I’m not greedy, I’d take even one of those to happen

4 Likes