Big Ten Roster Movement 2015

I have a feeling both Doyle and Donnal will abuse Diamond next year.
Diamond Stone to Maryland. That's going to be a really good team assuming Trimble and Layman stick around.

Wow. Big time get. Not necessarily surprised he picked an Under Armour school. I saw a report that Trimble was returning, haven’t heard anything about Layman. Should be a very good team.

I hope you are right but based on the tape I have seen not likely.

Stone to Maryland solidifies on thing in my mind. 247 recruiting crystal balls are borderline useless. Stone was “trending” towards Wisconsin. Mike Edwards is trending towards UM (he could be either way) when all these other schools have offered included him taking a visit to Georgia. 247 NEVER mentioned Edwards until he blew up yet he was at a bunch of games at Crisler throughout the year.

I realize they aren’t getting all the information and a lot of it is hearsay but it just doesn’t make sense to me. A kid goes on a visit and he is headed there. A kid gets a scholarship offer then he is going there. At times, these predictions are coming from experts that aren’t even close to being in the know. Doesn’t make a lot of sense when someone covering Duke “predicts” that someone from the Northwest goes to Oregon (didn’t happen, just theoretically speaking).

Diamond Stone to Maryland. That's going to be a really good team assuming Trimble and Layman stick around.

Wow. Big time get. Not necessarily surprised he picked an Under Armour school. I saw a report that Trimble was returning, haven’t heard anything about Layman. Should be a very good team.

This is just ridiculous. The NCAA needs to find some way to clean up the filthy shoe affiliations in AAU ball. That kids actually chose a school based on what shoes they wear is completely insane.

In reality it has nothing to truly do with the shoe companies. Regardless of which sneaker company a kid is associated with, there’s an issue with how money is being funneled to the kid and their family (or “mentor/AAU coach”). It’s all done in cash and can’t be traced.

I’m not saying this happens in all of these tops kids’ recruitments but it happens a lot. The influence is real. For example, a kid that is still playing in the tournament family has a middle class family. Yet, the family is (at least a 4 person travel party) has gone to at least 10 different sets of games this year. On top of that, those same family members traveled all over the world for international competition and all over the country for AAU. Clearly something fishy is going on.

In reality it has nothing to truly do with the shoe companies. Regardless of which sneaker company a kid is associated with, there's an issue with how money is being funneled to the kid and their family (or "mentor/AAU coach"). It's all done in cash and can't be traced.

I’m not saying this happens in all of these tops kids’ recruitments but it happens a lot. The influence is real. For example, a kid that is still playing in the tournament family has a middle class family. Yet, the family is (at least a 4 person travel party) has gone to at least 10 different sets of games this year. On top of that, those same family members traveled all over the world for international competition and all over the country for AAU. Clearly something fishy is going on.

Well that money appears to give the shoe companies enough influence to direct them to certain colleges so that is the part I find ridiculous

If the trend is for top recruits to make decisions based on shoe affiliation… then I gotta think we have a little better chance at landing Brown?

Bo Ryan’s daughter, RE: Diamond Stone.

https://twitter.com/BrenkRyan/status/581622100076716032
“It’s ok, I didn’t get into the UW either.”

http://thevictorylapblog.com/2015/03/the-real-reason-diamond-stone-is-not-a-wisconsin-badger/

Sounds like it might be some sour grapes by Wisconsin fans, but interesting.

The interesting part is, UM's been done for almost 2 weeks and we've heard nothing of roster attrition(save Caris obviously). I wonder if that is an indication that there won't be any movement in terms of attrition...although I'd expect at least 1 kid(not counting Max) to move simply based on averages...at least 1 kid per team, per year transfers if you go by the NCAA averages.

There have been rumblings of a possible transfer. Not hard to figure who that might involve.

???

Dylan - that blog post was clearly written out of bitterness and frustration. Glad you don’t jump to conclusions and write angry tirades thinly veiled in sympathy like he does over there.

Dylan - that blog post was clearly written out of bitterness and frustration. Glad you don't jump to conclusions and write angry tirades thinly veiled in sympathy like he does over there.

Ha! Definitely. Thought it was pretty funny that Bo’s daughter tweeted that though. Tough to lose an in-state talent like that, especially when they thought they had him.

Dylan - that blog post was clearly written out of bitterness and frustration. Glad you don't jump to conclusions and write angry tirades thinly veiled in sympathy like he does over there.

Ha! Definitely. Thought it was pretty funny that Bo’s daughter tweeted that though. Tough to lose an in-state talent like that, especially when they thought they had him.

Bryson Scott leaving Purdue

Northwestern freshman Johnnie Vassar will transfer.

Walter Pitchford is “is giving up his final season of eligibility” at Nebraska.

Lincoln – University of Nebraska forward Walter Pitchford announced Monday that he is giving up his final season of eligibility with the Husker basketball program. Pitchford will remain at the University of Nebraska and finish his undergraduate degree in ethnic studies.

“I thank Coach Miles for giving me the opportunity when I transferred from Florida,” Pitchford said. “I have learned a lot about myself in the three years I’ve been at Nebraska and it is not an easy decision to give up playing basketball. I believe it is in the best interest of both the team and myself that I devote my time to completing my degree at Nebraska and eventually go into a career in business.

“I appreciate all the support I have received from the coaching staff, my teammates and the fans during my time at Nebraska and it has become home for me,” Pitchford said. “I know my teammates support me on this difficult decision, and I will be there to support them.”

“I completely support Walter in his decision,” Nebraska basketball coach Tim Miles said. “It shows a great deal of courage for a young man to see his career path and pursue it. I know leaving behind basketball is not easy for Walter or his family, but I also believe this is the best thing for Walt because it targets what he wants to do.”

As a junior, he played in 30 games, including 26 starts, and averaged 7.2 points and 4.7 rebounds per game to rank third on the team in both scoring and rebounding. Pitchford reached double figures nine times in 2014-15, including a career-high 19 points against Tennessee-Martin and at No. 16 Maryland.

He averaged 9.3 points and 4.7 rebounds as a sophomore in 2013-14, helping the Huskers to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1998. That season, he ranked among the Big Ten leaders in both field goal percentage (.473, 10th) and 3-point percentage (.410, seventh).

Pitchford began his career at the University of Florida in 2011-12, helping the Gators to an appearance in the Elite Eight.

In the classroom, Pitchford is a two-time Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll member.

Pitchford puts a dent in Nebraska’s lineup. I thought if Nebraska was going to have a turnaround year next year, they’d need Pitchford and Shields to put up more consistent numbers. Plus they’re not going to have anyone over 6’8" next season. A short team just got shorter.

Thought Scott would give Purdue a nice PG in the future but nothing that will hurt them next year.

Plus a good shot at 6’6" graduate transfer Damion Lee (21ppg, 6reb - Drexel).

Maryland could easily be looking at another Top 15 season.

Plus a good shot at 6’6" graduate transfer Damion Lee (21ppg, 6reb - Drexel).

Maryland could easily be looking at another Top 15 season.

Don’t forget about Robert Carter who sat out a transfer season from Ga Tech. Averaged 10ppg. Maryland could have a nucleus of Trimble, Layman, Stone, Lee, Carter, Nickens. That’s a team that can win games.

Tarin Smith leaving Nebraska

Any news or atleast rumors for michigan players

Official Maryland announces Melo Trimble is returning. OSU also got a top 40 recruit for 2016.