Big Ten Roster Movement 2015

Chad Ford's first in/out post is up ....

D’Angelo Russell is only Big Ten player with ‘one foot out the door’.

These guys are all listed as 50/50 (Players who are still deciding whether to declare for the draft):

Sam Dekker, SF, Jr., Wisconsin
Yogi Ferrell, PG, Jr., Indiana
A.J. Hammons, C, Jr., Purdue
Nigel Hayes, F, So., Wisconsin
Jake Layman, F, Jr., Maryland
Caris LeVert, G/F, Jr., Michigan
Terran Petteway, SG, Jr., Nebraska
Troy Williams, F, So., Indiana

How come Kaminsky isn’t listed here? Isn’t he a sure thing to declare to the draft? Or maybe he doesn’t count since he is a senior so he’s out of the B1G no matter what?
Just wondering if I missed something.

Also Blackmon is definitely staying?

Big Frank is a senior, that list was only early entries.

Stanford Robinson transferring from Indiana

At this point, taking anymore '15 kids or transfers will be dependent on attrition. If Caris sticks and there are no transfers, there isn’t a lot of room to maneuver.

If they are going to add to the roster, I’d prefer to go kids with all of their eligibility remaining vs a transfer, UNLESS, that 5th year transfer is a sure fire, immediate impact guy.

The interesting part is, UM’s been done for almost 2 weeks and we’ve heard nothing of roster attrition(save Caris obviously). I wonder if that is an indication that there won’t be any movement in terms of attrition…although I’d expect at least 1 kid(not counting Max) to move simply based on averages…at least 1 kid per team, per year transfers if you go by the NCAA averages.

The interesting part is, UM's been done for almost 2 weeks and we've heard nothing of roster attrition(save Caris obviously).

I would guess that, if any transfers were going to come out of the end of year meetings, we’d hear about it right about…now.

One other thing to note… Transfer waivers are no more. Non-graduate transfers will be required to sit a season. Graduate transfers and immediate eligibility are still a thing though.

Nigel Hayes...really? Can't see him leaving unless NBA personnel don't want to miss on the second coming of Draymond Green (which I don't think he is).

His skillset out of college is better than Udonis Haslem, who’s carved out a nice career. Baseline jumpers and rebounding can go a long way. Hayes has the ability to score in a multitude of ways from various spots on the floor. Quite frankly, I would take Hayes over Caris right now.

I am not sure who Nigel Hayes compares to but I do see some Kawhi Leonard in him. Probably not as quick but Hayes is very solid defensively, he has a good back to the basket game and for a guy who never attempted a 3 pointer last year, he’s now shooting 39% behind the arc taking close to 3 shots per game from there. Hayes has made a huge leap just like Levert but I think Hayes may have more upside a improvement left.

I think another fair comparison for Hayes is Brandon Bass, except Hayes has more range. Quite frankly, I think Hayes has a better skillset than Sullinger did in college as well. Sullinger was just massive for the college game.

Reminds me a lot of Paul Millsap also. Undersized 4 with great nose for the ball and improving jump shot. Enough quickness to take traditional 4’s on the perimeter and enough strength to overpower 3’s and stretch 4’s.

Indiana Sophomore guard, Stanford Robinson has requested a release to transfer to be closer to home an to get more playing time.

I just don’t think Caris is first rd material

The interesting part is, UM's been done for almost 2 weeks and we've heard nothing of roster attrition(save Caris obviously). I wonder if that is an indication that there won't be any movement in terms of attrition...although I'd expect at least 1 kid(not counting Max) to move simply based on averages...at least 1 kid per team, per year transfers if you go by the NCAA averages.

There have been rumblings of a possible transfer. Not hard to figure who that might involve.

Max Hoetzel to transfer from Indiana

Rutgers University sophomore forward Junior Etou (Republic of Congo) has informed the coaching staff of his intent to transfer and has been granted a release.

Max Hoetzel to transfer from Indiana http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/03/27/max-hoetzel-to-transfer-from-indiana/

Hearing the term “Spring Creaning” coming up more and more and have to say it seems to be a trend.

Brandon Sampson (15 SG) just decommitted from St. John’s - wonder if JB gives him a look. Seems like a more athletic Frankie Hughes. Definitely a prototype UM wing…long with range on the shot. A bit of film below. Immediate PT will be a factor. I will say, it seems his timeline could work well with Caris’ decision if he enters the draft

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/11956908-123/madison-preps-brandon-sampson-reopens

Max Hoetzel to transfer from Indiana http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/03/27/max-hoetzel-to-transfer-from-indiana/

Hearing the term “Spring Creaning” coming up more and more and have to say it seems to be a trend.

Still recruiting for the 15 class, so some IU careers may yet to be Creanated this spring.

Diamond Stone to Maryland. That’s going to be a really good team assuming Trimble and Layman stick around.

Diamond Stone to Maryland. That's going to be a really good team assuming Trimble and Layman stick around.

Wow. Big time get. Not necessarily surprised he picked an Under Armour school. I saw a report that Trimble was returning, haven’t heard anything about Layman. Should be a very good team.

Wow… There is actually someone out there more athletic than the infamous Frankie Hughes? How does he compare to Corey Sanders? J/K ha ha… Couldn’t resist.

Brandon Sampson (15 SG) just decommitted from St. John’s - wonder if JB gives him a look. Seems like a more athletic Frankie Hughes. Definitely a prototype UM wing…long with range on the shot. A bit of film below. Immediate PT will be a factor. I will say, it seems his timeline could work well with Caris’ decision if he enters the draft

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/11956908-123/madison-preps-brandon-sampson-reopens

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31AuD8SmXM0

I have a feeling both Doyle and Donnal will abuse Diamond next year.

Diamond Stone to Maryland. That’s going to be a really good team assuming Trimble and Layman stick around.

Wow. Big time get. Not necessarily surprised he picked an Under Armour school. I saw a report that Trimble was returning, haven’t heard anything about Layman. Should be a very good team.

Wow... There is actually someone out there more athletic than the infamous Frankie Hughes? How does he compare to Corey Sanders? J/K ha ha.... Couldn't resist.
Brandon Sampson (15 SG) just decommitted from St. John's - wonder if JB gives him a look. Seems like a more athletic Frankie Hughes. Definitely a prototype UM wing........long with range on the shot. A bit of film below. Immediate PT will be a factor. I will say, it seems his timeline could work well with Caris' decision if he enters the draft

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31AuD8SmXM0

Im actually not all that big on Frankie Hughes. He’s a really good shooter that is good vertically, but everything else is suspect.