Big Ten Open Thread: Week of Jan. 28th

Michigan State at Iowa tonight…
Get your popcorn.

GO IOWA !!!

No secret that im a huge proponent of defense, but my god this Iowa/MSU game has given me a greater appreciation for our offense. This is just ugly, and I mean ugly, basketball. Almost unwatchable to be honest.

Poor officiating both ways, both coaches acting ridiculous on the sidelines, poor offense. Not really a great showcase.

Wow the B1G officials need to regroup. I have no idea what the rules are…i guess it’s OK to push off when you dribble the ball…almost like a straight arm for running backs. Also…just put hand checking back in the game if you aren’t going to call it. GEEEEEEZZZZZ!!!

This is Y League ball…

Buckeyes and Nittany Lions tied with 1:06 to play. BTN.

Nittany Lions win as DJ Newbills crosses over Aaron Craft and hits the game winner.

I could care less if they lose every other game, but I’m praying OSU beats Wisconsin.

I can’t tell if this is a gift from above or a foreshadowing of tomorrow lol

NW is going to handle that for you.

It’d be a nightmare if Iowa St and Arizona both lose.

It'd be a nightmare if Iowa St and Arizona both lose.

I was hoping Stanford would beat Arizona…

Arizona is going to finish the the year in the top 5 RPI regardless if they lose to Stanford. On the other side, Stanford has been flirting with the top 50 RPI, which would give us another top 50 RPI win on a neutral court.

I think “good wins” weigh more than “bad losses” on selection Sunday, so I want Stanford to look better even if it’s at the expense of Arizona looking top 5 rather than top 2.

This conference can’t afford for MSU to lose to Georgetown

Also, congrats to Northwestern :wink:

Indeed, MSU losing to Georgetown is the only MSU loss I do not like right now.

While it’s bodes well for us winning the conference, Iowa losing at Illinois would us as a conference. Kenpom has dropped all the B1G teams like a rock and now the ACC seems to have risen. I guess if you feast on the bottom of your league then Kenpom favors you?

Any teams we are going to be competing for seeding with, I cheer for to lose. Michigan St. and Michigan are most likely going to be competing for NCAAT seeding, so I like to see Michigan St. lose.

The B1G is killing me with this officiating, they need to stay out of the mix at the end of the game. Last night OSU gets called for a reach in foul to put Wisconsin at the line…I don’t think the OSU PLAYER touched the guy…seriously, let the kids play ball at the end of the game. I’ve never questioned officiating because it usually goes both ways but they should not be the deciding factor.

Would love to see how the officials are rated because it scares the heck out of me we’ll get some BS call against us on the road. There is so much inconsistency this year…maybe its me!

Go Blue!

Guestavo - where’s my cookie? I told you there was a decent chance we would lose at IU and you laughed at me. Quick PGs are just a bad matchup for us period, especially on the road.

I have to say that i look better by the day around these parts.

Our “guys” didn’t show up today.

Guestavo - where's my cookie? I told you there was a decent chance we would lose at IU and you laughed at me. Quick PGs are just a bad matchup for us period, especially on the road.

I have to say that i look better by the day around these parts.

I didn’t think Walton, Nik and Beilein would shrink. You were correct.