Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

1 Like

So how do you beat Purdue?? Gillis eligible to play and still didn’t get run.Trevion 20 points in 13 minutes is absurd.

I think someone’s in love.

1 Like

You might start with playing defense better than UNC, a team which gave up 170 points in the previous two games to Brown and College of Charleston.

3 Likes

Yeah UNC’s transfer bigs are really trash rim protectors

2 Likes

One of the more interesting early season story lines so far: Brandon Slater of Villanova was 10-15 on 3’s entering today this season. He was 13-50 of 50 entering this season in his career in 3 prior seasons.

He also had 29 shot attempts in 4 games after attempting 128 shots in 71 career games previously. If he’s made that large an improvement over last year then that gives Nova a higher ceiling than I originally thought.

1 Like

I’m watching this Purdue/Villanova game in complete awe. These two teams are really good! What a slugfest. Tied at 26…whoops Thompson just hit a three from about 24 or 25 feet, 29-26 Purdue! Both teams have so much talent and are so well coached. Purdue REALLY scares me!

Edit: Don’t know if Samuels from Nova is normally a good three point shooter but he sure isn’t today. He’s taken 4 or 5 and I haven’t seen him make one yet. 33-31 Nova at the break.

2 Likes

Ivey tries to play bully ball going right on almost all his drives.

2 Likes

I don’t know how an entire half can be played without either team shooting ANY free throws and one team, Nova, can play an entire half with ZERO turnovers. Really clean and well played game!

1 Like

Still think people are getting ahead of their skis on Purdue. Ant tweeted that Purdue was on a totally different tier form every other B1G team and a lot of people were agreeing.

1 Like

This is an old school Beilein vs Purdue game

4 Likes

If Villanova had an even decent bench I’d really like them come March

2 Likes

Purdue will live and die on their Bigs. They don’t have the usual sniper who does it on and catch shoot or create his own.

Hopefully Purdue doesn’t improve at guarding Spain PnR by the time we play them

1 Like

I still think it’s such an odd thing when you can’t play 2 of your best 3 players together

1 Like

Brutal sequence by a super senior like Gillespie there. Miss a front end then die on a screen for an open three.

Another brutal mistake by CG.

Feels like missed free throws are really going to cost Villanova in this one. 5-of-11 at the line including a missed front end is how you let teams back in a game.