Big Ten Open Thread: Week of 1/13

Wisconsin at Indiana, Penn State at Michigan tonight.
MSU at Northwestern, Purdue at Illinois on Wednesday
Ohio State at Minnesota on Thursday

Some big games in there… especially Wisconsin at IU and OSU at Minnesota. Thoughts?

If Indiana can beat Wisconsin tonight (very possible) and Michigan beats Penn St. (even more possible), Michigan will be one of two undefeated teams in conference play. Granted we’ve had a pretty easy schedule so far, it is still nice to say :slight_smile:

Curious to see how Wisconsin responds to a hostile road environment. I’m not completely sold on Wisconsin, great perimeter offense, but seem to have taken a step back in terms of rebounding/defense in my opinion.

Minnesota has a chance. IU has no chance.

Disagree, I think IU can beat Wisconsin up on the glass. Key for them is to take care of the ball.

Key for them is to take care of the ball.

Something they flat out haven’t been able to do this year. Not to mention that Crean hasn’t beaten Bo while he’s been at Indiana. Should be interesting.

I am rolling with Indiana in this one, to be honest. I think their length will be huge tonight. Will Sheehey is going to have someone considerably smaller on him (I would think) and has the tools to fill it up. I think he goes for 20+ tonight (something he has only done once this year, so it is a pretty bold prediction).

Here's hoping for Wisconsin to be flat tonight. Maybe the crowd can carry IU and make it interesting?
Disagree, I think IU can beat Wisconsin up on the glass. Key for them is to take care of the ball.

It’s always an “agree/disagree” battle for you, isn’t it? guestavo just had a different opinion but you just had to “disagree” even though you already said your opinion.

Here's hoping for Wisconsin to be flat tonight. Maybe the crowd can carry IU and make it interesting?

Wisconsin does not look flat.

But I’ll give Indiana some credit, they are hanging in there. Wisconsin is letting Indiana get in the lane quite a bit early on.

But I'll give Indiana some credit, they are hanging in there. Wisconsin is letting Indiana get in the lane quite a bit early on.

Yeah I’m kinda surprised how easily IU is getting in the lane.

If IU doesn’t penetrate, they don’t have a lot of movement that gets them good looks.

It’s not good to not be up at the half at home.

Indiana is competing so far. Wisconsin has a knack for beating them at Assembly Hall.

Wisconsin’s defense didn’t travel on the road with the rest of their game.

Like I said, Wisconsin is not elite. They are great offensively, but have taken a step beck back in the defensive/rebounding areas.

It’s always an “agree/disagree” battle for you, isn’t it? guestavo just had a different opinion but you just had to “disagree” even though you already said your opinion.

So if Guestavo thinks one thing, and I think another, isn’t that having a difference of opinion by definition? That being said, did the term “disagree” bother you that much?

A bit tougher skin needed perhaps?

Like I said, Wisconsin is not elite. They are great offensively, but have taken a step beck back in the defensive/rebounding areas.

Rebounding wasn’t bad. They just couldn’t stop penetration just like us…

Made IU look like a good offensive team LOL

Still feel confident at IU?

Wisconsins lateral quickness really exposed tonight. It is just so darn difficult to beat them at home. Yogi just left them standing flat footed so many times. He is out of control occasionally, but is a relentless attacker.