Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

Time for a new thread…

1 Like

IN SUMMARY:

Ian Martinez: possibly very good!

Maryland: as good as Fatts Russell!

1 Like

Michigan favorites in the B10? We may need a moving screen pod to discuss rosters once the NBA deadline passes. Although I’m unsure of how long it will take Kofi to decide on a landing spot…

3 Likes

Haha yup! I was just saying that in the old thread. Looking forward to that episode.

1 Like

Planning to record one tomorrow morning.

18 Likes
2 Likes

The NIL change was great for college hoops

3 Likes

NIL really is keeping some dudes in college

3 Likes

Any buzz on Kofi landing spots? I don’t frequent other team’s message boards so there could already be noise that I am unaware of

2 Likes

I think the prevalent thought right now is Kentucky

4 Likes

Kentucky or Illinois it sounds like, but I have not been completely plugged in there. Seems notable that Illinois is now being thrown around as an option.

4 Likes

I believe Illinois is the ONLY team that Juwan has not coached Michigan to a win against. I would like to see that change next year of course. Illinois losing Kofi would make that more likely so I would love for him to bounce to another school lol

Should note my above comment was related to B10 opponents, not all college teams!

5 Likes

Early call (we’re out of “Way Too Early” range now, I think)

Tier 1

1. Michigan - Very close to being their own tier
  2. Purdue
  3. Ohio State

Tier 2
4. Michigan State
5. Maryland

Tier 3 (one or two teams from this tier will rise up, but these teams have more significant question marks than MSU and Maryland, I think)
6. Illinois - Obviously will get bumped with Kofi. Smaller bump if they get Dawson Garcia.
7. Indiana
8. Rutgers
9. Wisconsin

Tier 4
10. Iowa
11. Northwestern
12. Nebraska
13. Penn State

Tier Minnesota
14. Minnesota

To answer the question about why Rutgers is at #8 here while Torvik has them 13th: Torvik has Jalen Miller with a 94 ORtg as the second-leading scorer, which I assure you will not be the case. Geo Baker will be back which will fix the projection from the 90s to the 70s I would imagine. Throw in a bit of (realistic-ish) homerism and there you go.

12 Likes

This made me laugh out loud. :joy:

9 Likes

What are Geo and RHJ doing?

1 Like

With how Ivey has been playing in the FIBA games, I tend to think that Purdue will give Michigan a run for the money. Also a weak schedule and Painter don’t hurt

5 Likes

They should both be back. Geo got a few courtesy workouts. Nothing was reported on Harper that I saw, and he’s been on campus working with the team and the strength coach.

I also think Pikiell would be far more aggressive in the portal if he felt Baker wasn’t coming back.

3 Likes

I would knock OSU down a tier without Washington. Not sure they are a top 10 quality team, which is what Michigan and Purdue should be.

2 Likes
3 Likes