Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

Kegan Murray won’t be at Iowa long

Hard to take much away from Iowa in the non-conference. They might have the worst non-con slate in the P6 ranks.

1 Like

The Geo Show. Pure magic.

1 Like

What was more unlikely, Harpers player of the year campaign extended hot shooting streak or Brandon Johnson’s 8 made threes in one game?

Brandon Johns needs to channel the energy from those guys and just have a wildly good 3 point streak.

Edit: clearly this offensive display by rutgers and DePaul in the last 4 minutes is the most unlikely event to happen, 9/10 on their last 10 attempts from 3 combined

1 Like

Big Ten non-con off to a disastrous start. If the league doesn’t start getting some marquee wins we may see a lot fewer bids than we’ve become accustomed to in recent years.

1 Like

Feels like the last 3 or 4 years the B1G built a lot of their cred from beating up on the Big East… yikes

Yep Big Ten desperately needs a good showing in the ACC challenge

2 Likes

We’ve never won better than 5-3, so I don’t think we’ve been beating up on them. Michigan had some good results with the solid win over Creighton in 2019 and throttling Villanova in 2018, but the big 10 as a whole has basically just held its own high standard in these.

Anyone see Xavier playing Hail to the Victors at the game?

1 Like

Picking up where they left off in the NCAA Tournament.

This is pretty wild

Murray’s numbers through four games are effing insane. 25 points in 24 minutes per game. 37% from three on 4 attempts per game. 92% from the line. 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks and a steal per game.

Competition level caveats apply but my goodness if he keeps up anything close to this that’s nuts.

4 Likes

Iowa blowouts are a special phenomenon. Keegan Murray is a PrizePicks :moneybag: :truck: though.

5 Likes

I can only imagine a Fran practice where they spend 1 hour, 59 minutes running crazy offensive sets and getting up good looks, working on shooting and passing, running the break, etc. Then at the end, with 1 minute to go, he talks defense.

7 Likes

Yeah still gave up 82 to Alabama State…

1 Like

I think OSU gets their turn with Seton Hall next week.:wink:

2 Likes

Maryland in yet another dogfight at home with a mid-major.

3 Likes

B1G looking unstoppable so far. Really impressive.

1 Like

That’s Top-5 Maryland to you, good sir!

Purdue is handling North Carolina pretty easily so far.

2 Likes

Edey and Williams both with 2 fouls and Painter still autobenching