Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

I hope not. He’s a coaching star in the making

2 Likes

Yeah, always a double-edged sword. I love conference dominance but U-M will be there at the end and really, that’s all that matters. Gotta find the good in the bad for now.

He just signed a 3 yr extension in April. Unless they want to pay 5 million before May 1st 2022 to let him go he will still be around.

2 Likes

Michigan has moved to 6th in my B1G power rankings

I’m pretty sure English will be the Mizzou coach in waiting the way things are going.

1 Like

BTN might be a tough watch this year. Already heard Joshua Langford say this MSU win at Butler reminded him of the MSU team that went to the Final Four in 14-15. Rick Pizzo-this is what Izzo does scheduling a gauntlet of opponents during non conference and the team gets rewarded come February-March.

Is there any other good networks out there that you can get non biased talk about teams??

1 Like

All Big Ten studio and in-game analysts are just shills for the conference and they certainly won’t miss an opportunity to lick Izzo’s boots and remind everyone of how “JANUARY FEBRUARY IZZO” he is.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call the Butler team I watched last night a “gauntlet” type team. They were awful. At one point I found myself commenting to my wife, “this Butler team may be the worst high DI team in the country.” I know they may still have some injury problems, but they really were not good. At least not last night they weren’t.

4 Likes

Yeah, Butler was pretty awful last season and this year looks like it might be more of the same. I don’t know the temperature of the Butler fanbase but I have to imagine that LaVall’s seat is starting to heat up.

1 Like

Well I did hear Raphael Davis say Michigan needs more from DeVante Houstan…

Cursed Devante Houstan: Size and shooting of Devante with Caleb’s Point guard skills and defense.

2 Likes

Last year on the Spotify greenroom app Raphael Davis told me “Michigan is soft. That’s been the MO of every Michigan team since Beilein started - it’s mentioned every gameplan that if you’re physical they’ll cower”

And ever since I haven’t been able to take him seriously

5 Likes

Guess he checked out of the sport after he graduated in 16. Or just looked past his entire career against Michigan…

Raphael Davis career record vs. Michigan: 2-6. This was 13-16 so the 4 seasons before “they’re a white collar team.” Guess he was even softer and couldn’t be physical enough to make them cower

4 Likes

I don’t know man I’m kind of with him, Charles Matthews was kind of soft

13 Likes

I dunno man. I think you are probably right, but maybe I could use more visual evidence to convince me? :smiley:

Lol, “soft”. Tell that to those extremely “long, athletic, and aggressive” LSU and FSU teams from last year. They said Mike Smith and the boys would get eaten alive by all that length and strength! SMH.

Was that langfords junior year or sophomore?

1 Like

Xavier up on the Bucknuts 35 - 26 @ half.

Jack Nunge plays for Xavier now…did not know that. Glad to see he’s healthy.