Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

The quotes from this article make him a prime candidate for… not exactly subtraction by addition, but something close. He’s so dominant physically that he’ll make any team better, but I could see him putting up some ill-advised jumpers for Kentucky while Calipari shakes his head and motions for Oscar Tshiebwe to go get him.

4 Likes

“NBA teams are going to see my midrange game next year and my playmaking,” Cockburn said.

LOL. Good to have confidence I guess. I look forward to watching it (at UK hopefully)

4 Likes

7 assists next year #bigguard

3 Likes

TIL that Kofi had FIVE assists all of last season. The season before he had 20. I now fully expect him to somehow break mathematics and amass a negative assist total.

5 Likes

I’ve been told the road to the Big Ten title goes through West Lafayette. It may be the only road that does so.

4 Likes

I look forward to BQ picking MSU to win the league by 3-4 games. I only half kid.

8 Likes
6 Likes

has to be the oldest player in the big ten right? freshman in 2016

3 Likes

I won’t believe Josh Langford is done with college basketball until I attend his funeral

10 Likes

Serious question: will Michigan’s scout team be better than Minnesota’s actual team?

Michigan:

Frankie Collins | Zeb Jackson
Kobe Bufkin | Zeb Jackson
Isaiah Barnes | Terrance Williams
Terrance Williams | Will Tschetter
Moussa Diabate | Will Tschetter

Minnesota:

Luke Loewe | EJ Stephens
Payton Willis | Nobody
Sean Sutherlin | Nobody
Jamison Battle | Eric Curry
Parker Fox | Isaiah Ihnen

11 Likes

Yes! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: Characters

1 Like

75% sure you just made up some of those Minnesota players

14 Likes

Looks like a more top heavy conference this year to me with the top 7 piling up wins over the bottom 7, likely leaving few/ no teams on a bubble a land a lot of 12+ win teams kind of similar to 2019. I don’t see as much of move up ability for Rutgers or wisconsin in your tier 3. Would like to hear the pod discuss O/U conference wins:

Michigan - 16.5

Purdue - 15.5

OSU - 14.5

Maryland - 13.5

MSU - 13.5

IU - 12.5

Illinois - 11.5

Rutgers - 8.5

Nebraska - 8.5

Iowa - 7.5

Wisconsin - 7.5

NW - 5.5

PSU - 4.5

Minnesota - 0.5

2 Likes

Does this Illinois have Cockburn?

Very generous to call that our scout team but I like the idea anyway

3 Likes

This seems one tier too generous to all three States, but I have some biases.

1 Like

Actual scout team of Brandon Wade, ROH(he’s returning right? Someone is), Jace, Tschetter, Faulds could be competitive with Minnesota

2 Likes

Replace ROH with Nunez.

2 Likes

Yes good call. I totally forgot about him

4 Likes

I liked these. I could see MSU coming down one or two, they still have a lot of warts and are relying heavily on Christie being a “dude”. But he might be.

I also think Penn St could go as far up to 7.5 (I like Pickett and think they’re gonna beat up on the bottom tier of the conference). I might be in the minority on that take, though.