Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

Seth Lundy taking over

I think theyā€™re a real solid team. This is probably their first game with all their players. They missed Walker for a few games, Liddell had mono, Towns was out until close to January. From here on out if they are healthy they will be a team to watch.

1 Like

Vintage performance from Chase Audige. 2-10 for 4 points

1 Like

he is truly shameless

Yes Michigan is shutting down all athletics for 2 weeks. What a terrible decision

They were moved down to fifth in the post-Iowa/IU emergency power ranking! :wink:

Where are you hearing this?

Do you have a source?

Thatā€™s a pretty enormous piece of information to be throwing out there. How do you know this?

1 Like

I really like Purdueā€™s young guards. They all seem like they know how to play basketball. Although 11 had some prayers answered, he is quick.

With the BFG in the middle and two top 50 6ā€™8" guys coming in next year, future looks bright.

Looking at that forced me to look at recruiting rankings, and I see Achie and IU are bringing in 1 guy next year. What is going on there? (Iā€™m irritated bc my son was recently accepted at IU, and being a big 10 basketball fan was a factor ā€¦ bad call.)

1 Like

Yeahā€¦I havenā€™t seen that anywhere. And I havenā€™t heard if any other programs shutting down the entire AD beforeā€¦seems odd since I doubt that some of the teams even interact.

Lander reclassified from 21 to 20 and they took a midseason transfer from Tennessee-Martin. Plus only one senior in Al Durham

Itā€™s def circulating. I have no idea how probable but itā€™s def out there from real sources.

Circulating where?

From what? Who are the sources? If the entire AD is shutting down that would seem to be something much larger than the Purdue incident, no?

At least one of the pay sites.

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: State orders department wide 14-day shutdown for Michigan Athletics

A post was merged into an existing topic: State orders department wide 14-day shutdown for Michigan Athletics

the thing with only looking at raw efficiency margins in conference play is they can mask some fairly significant SOS differences so far. If you take Torvikā€™s adjusted efficiency margins for only conference play it looks like thisā€¦

Michigan +33
Iowa +29
OSU +25
Illinois +24
Minnesota +18
Wisconsin +18
Purdue +17
Indiana +16

Illinoisā€™s #2 raw margin in conference play masks an easier schedule than someone like Iowa.

1 Like

Iowa and Illinois are 10th and 11th in KP Conf SOS. Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a huge difference.