Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

I might be missing a Nebraska or Penn State stinker somewhere but this might be the worst B1G game of the year

Turgeon does whatever the hell KenPom says he should do. If you start with the 2013-14 season, his team has finished a total of 16 spots off their preseason rank the last 7 seasons combined. For example, preseason # 25 finishing #27 would miss by 2 points. It is almost impossible to be as spot on every single season with a preseason prediction. And FWIW they started #51 this season and are currently #45 so could well finish on the mark yet again.

7 Likes

I am struggling to envision what IU vs MSU will even look like

1 Like

I really feel last nights game told us more about the Indiana/MSU/OSU tier than it did about Northwestern. In that none of those teams are any good.

2 Likes

I forget, those are NW’s three B1G wins?

Confirmed.

1 Like

I got a notification that I was out of likes for the day but I keep handing em out hehehe

3 Likes

Neb/Wisc was 7-3 at the 10:00 mark and 25-24 at the break, though Wisconsin then exploded for 44 in the second half.

Also, /whispers: Michigan/PSU is tied for the lowest scoring game in the Big Ten season thus far.

4 Likes

From his relaxed demeanor in pressers after losses and his propensity to diss his own players, Mark Turgeon either enjoys considerable job security or is gone after this year.

This game has a 135.5 O/U lol

Proud of you.

1 Like

That’s wild, I had never heard that before. I guess that means he’s an ok coach?

Maryland is pissing away this game after going up by 10.

2 Likes

Wtf is happening in this game lol

Dribble, dribble, pass, brick. Dribble, dribble, pass, pass, brick. Dribble, brick. Pass, pass, dribble, pass, brick. Dribble, brick, rebound, pass, dribble, brick.

2 Likes

Indiana wins!

I wish I could say that was an exaggeration, but aside from a couple missing dribbles and passes it pretty much sums up this game

I’m straight up questioning the meaning of life after watching Maryland on offense.

2 Likes

Watching this Indiana/Maryland game immediately after rewatching our game against Northwestern, I’ve gained a newfound respect for our post entry pass ability. I don’t think I’ve seen one pass into the low post in this game despite many attempts, everything is backed out and guys have to dribble from the mid-post. Meanwhile we seem to get Dickinson into a good position in the low post without him even having to dribble.

hot take and/or small sample size but this game feels like a damning indictment of Turgeon as an in-game coach

3 Likes