Big Ten announces scheduling updates

UMHoops @buckets12 experience: Iowa
Big Ten Title and rivalry pride: OSU
Reddit experience and low drama big ten title: Illinois

4 Likes

Might not make sense in every way, but Iā€™ll take a win at OSU. Thereā€™s something special about road wins over good teams, even if there are no fans.

4 Likes

This sums it up perfectly

3 Likes

Illinois. Not only do we win the Big Ten in that scenario, absent a loss to IU or MSU, but on a personal note, I live in Chicago surrounded by rabid Illinois fans including my law school roommate. Iā€™ve already heard way too often that Illinois is getting screwed by Michigan having to play less games, as if not playing Northwestern, Penn State and home against Indiana is a gauntletā€“beating Illinois would largely end that discussion.

2 Likes

My answer is Illinois, but subject to change if Minny gave us a gift today. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just annoyed that we only have one B10 Title in the Burke+ era despite all the success, so Iā€™m gonna prioritize whatever games have the highest leverage on that front.

1 Like

Iā€™m holding my credit until they win the big ten. If they donā€™t win he gets all the blame / s (sort of)

We have two. Burkeā€™s freshman year we tied for the title with MSU/OSU, then the year after he left we won outright.

2 Likes

Yeah, Jordan Morganā€™s missed layup was all that prevented us from a 3-peat.

To be fair to Morgan, that was more of a tip than a lay-up. The 2 missed 1-and-1s immediately before were the real killer.

10 Likes

For sure, I donā€™t want to make it sound like Iā€™m blaming him. We had that game in the bag and let it slip away. Ever since Iā€™ve been terrified of late-game FTs.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take OSU because theyā€™re the only team that matter right now! :wink:

After that, gosh, I want to beat Illinois. I was at the game last year in Crisler. Yes, that one, the one we shoulda, coulda, if only we had made our free throws, woulda won. I saw Ayo take over at the end. The winning bucket was right in front of me. And THEN, after the game, I watched Ayo run to all four corners of the arena and taunt the crowd. Oh, yeah, I want to beat Illinois!

Whoops, wrong thread!

6 Likes

I was also at that game with my dad. Illinois fans five rows behind us immediately started mouthing off after Ayos shot.

Iā€™d really like to beat Illinois for lots of reasons.

2 Likes

What was the score in that game when Livers got hurt?

Liversā€™ free throws post injury put Michigan up 45-43, but it was part of a larger 15-7 Michigan run.

4 Likes