Big Ten announces scheduling updates

I am fine with that too but there has to be some stated criteria for BTT seeding. Or just flip a coin? KenPom standings?

Itā€™s still in Michiganā€™s hands to win the conference, so LFG. Love this schedule.

6 Likes

Wow, is this great. Can we sneak ten thousand well-masked students into Crisler to scream themselves hoarse?

We get the opportunity to send Josh Langford out to kiss the Spartan head at mid court after a 30 point loss on a senior night. And really thatā€™s all we could ever ask for.

12 Likes

Tomorrow is huge. Win tomorrow and youā€™ve pretty much guaranteed yourself the title.

2 Likes

This is the perfect revised schedule for us. Iā€™ve been saying for awhile that anything more than 17 games was unnecessary and risky. Glad the folks in charge saw it the same way.

1 Like

The updated KenPom

Sounds about right. Lose one of Ohio State and Indiana, and lose one of Iowa and Illinois.

So the current projection is the drama scenario:

1 Like

Also of note: Currently only 4 postponed games have not been rescheduled. The only one not involving Michigan is Purdue-Nebraska.

14-3 vs 15-5 isnā€™t that controversial imo. Illinois fans would have to argue weā€™d lose 2 of 3 @PSU, @NW, and vs IU? Even if they beat us, I donā€™t think thatā€™s much of an argument.

4 Likes

14-3 to 15-5 is the drama scenario?

Yeah 2 game difference in the loss column seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I would think 14-3 vs. 16-4 would be the scenario that would lead to the most outrage especially if we lose to the team that finishes 16-4.

1 Like

You all are right. I forgot what records prioritized over which. I need to right this stuff down ha.

1 Like

Beat Illinois and thereā€™s basically going to be no drama no matter what. Easy peasy

6 Likes

Hypothetical, you can pick one game for Michigan to win between Iowa, OSU, and Illinois. Michigan loses the other 2. Which do you pick?

1 Like

It would knock out OSU for all practical purposes. But weā€™d still have to be on guard for Illinois.

1 Like

Illinois, no question IMO.

5 Likes

For ease of reference

11 Likes