Big Ten matchups announced for 2022-23 season

2 Likes

This seems awful. I hate it

Road single plays of Illinois, Iowa, and Rutgers is brutal. Just makes it much more likely we still don’t beat Illinois this year. Overall doesn’t seem too bad though

4 Likes

@BigBoutros: 0-20.

18 Likes

MSU - L
@ MSU - L
Indiana - L
@ Indiana - L
Minnesota - L
@ Minnesota - L
Northwestern - L
@ Northwestern - L
Penn State - L
@ Penn State - L
Wisconsin - L
@ Wisconsin - L
Nebraska - L
Ohio State - L
Purdue - L
@ Illinois - L
@ Iowa - L
@ Rutgers - L

6 Likes

Are the Maryland games getting COVID canceled?

1 Like

we will forfeit both

1 Like

It’s very hard to tell who the good teams are going to be in the Big Ten which makes it very hard to tell who has the hardest or easiest schedules.

7 Likes

Honestly the road games suck but I will 100% take single plays against Illinois Iowa and Rutgers. Those are 3 of like 7 teams I can squint and see making the tournament.

1 Like

even if it means 0-3?

1 Like

It’s always interesting to see how people view the schedule draw because there are two frames of reference: 1. Trying to win the league without beating the good teams 2. Needing to play the good teams to make the NCAA Tournament (or get a better seed).

I feel like road singles against the worst teams in the league and home singles against the best teams in the league is probably the perfect option resume wise. Probably want to maximize double plays against NIT-type teams if you get specific but having multiple cracks against the best teams can come in handy (as we saw for U-M last year).

13 Likes

I guess my view was don’t completely crap the bed in the non-con like last year, and then rack up counting stat wins in the B1G against anyone is the best path to make the tourney. But I’m dumb and your comment makes way more sense so in hindsight I will be picketing at the Big Ten offices in protest of this horrific punishment they gave us

3 Likes

do we know the order? or just the home/road stuff.

Probably a lot of different ways that it can play out.

The reality is that home games against bad teams in the league are basically not impactful in a good way and really hurt if you lose (i.e. Minnesota). If you win those games on the road, you basically end up with a mini boost that is achievable.

Home games against the best teams are the best chances for resume wins you get all season.

6 Likes

Just home/road for now, schedule usually comes out much later – early September I think.

1 Like

AT WISCONSIN LETS GOOOOO

That’s gotta be a must win :triumph:

8 Likes

Illinois schedule looks pretty favorable

2 Likes

The Illinois schedule looks ridiculously easy. I think 18-2

ILLINOIS

Home: Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers

Away: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue

Home/Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

1 Like

Indiana’s seems harder than Illinois. Double plays against 6 of probably the best 8 or so teams. Meanwhile Illinois has single plays against 5 or 6 of the best 8

2 Likes

I agree, I changed my mind