Big Ten announces scheduling updates

3 Likes

Illinois @ Michigan Mar 2nd
MSU @ Michigan Mar 4th

So the Iowa game is being moved obviously. Not sure anything else as of right now.

6 Likes

Glad the Iowa and Illinois games aren’t quick turnarounds.

4 Likes

That would put them at 17 correct?? It’s a cramped schedule but I can’t imagine the conference would like an odd number of games compared to even for everyone else??

Why does odd versus even matter?

5 Likes

Smart scheduling for us. Props to Warde/Juwan for getting a pretty good schedule together for us. Really optimizing our B10 title odds

10 Likes

Will people that blame Warde for everything give him credit here? Unlikely, not that it matters.

Anyway this is about the best schedule you could have put together imo.

14 Likes

Big takeaways here:

• Michigan now has a 17-game schedule
  • Michigan isn’t playing any games on insanely short rest
  • Michigan is playing the games that people want to see
13 Likes

I love to see an extra game against MSU to have back to back game to end the season. My Sparty friends are not happy about it because they rather just face Michigan once. I’m delighted to see their reactions

2 Likes

A seventeen game schedule really improves the title odds statistically speaking.

Then there’s the added rest factor that helps too.

2 Likes

Well under that schedule thus far Michigan would be missing IU. I can see the conference wanting IU to get a game against a high profile team.

If you have 3 teams at

16-4
14-3
15-4

I can imagine there would be a lot of controversy in regards to seedings. If you go by win % 14-3 gets it but playing 2-3 fewer games than other conference teams looks bad for the conference and then you have the trickle down effect.

Not true. I wanted a tripleheader vs Northwestern

15 Likes

We are playing @Indiana on the 27th

I’m a big Warde hater, so I felt I had to say it

1 Like

Michigan is still playing Indiana. Win percentage will be controversial if it is close whether they are odd or even numbers.

2 Likes

What about the Indiana game that was supposed to be at Crisler?? That would be a chance for Indiana to have their best win. I can’t see Indiana losing out on another game with Michigan.

Give Warde credit. This is a great schedule for us. We get in the team we needed to get in to play once (Illinois) and the rival game (MSU). We stay on the usual pattern of playing a weekend game and a weekday game except for March 2 and 4 with both of those games at home. 17 game schedule (1 more home game than away), 3 unnecessary games not rescheduled. Bravo!

8 Likes

Best Illinois and OSU and the records should work themselves out. But if Illinois beats us in our own gym, I’d give them the title in a 16-4 vs. 14-3 scenario.

5 Likes

What about it? They still get to play Michigan at Assembly Hall on our shortest rest of the home stretch. It’s not possible to reschedule every game

1 Like