2024 NBA Playoffs Thread

was it you on here that said it really goes to show just how much the competitive juice drives these dudes? bc yeah same. the pod life is a good one, JJ. NBA coach? ehhhhhh.

Also, like, how does Jerry Stackhouse or Juwan coach as an assistant for years (Stack also won a G League title as a head coach) and then are forced to turn to college out of deperation, but Redick and Chanucey just roll off a TV set, or Steve Nash from…god knows where?

Bad process! I predict failure!

4 Likes

Steve Kerr really has everybody ready to take some wild swings. But also…kinda think the assistant gig is a tough one to level up from? Actually being The Guy is tough to replicate anywhere else and I wonder if the base failure rate is actually much worse if you’re hiring Not Assistants as first time HCs.

1 Like

Steve Kerr is a fraud

How many hires have no coaching experience? It’s like…Kerr, Nash, Billups, Rivers?

1 Like

How are the Knicks doing this? Brunson just made one of the most ridiculous layups I’ve seen.
https://x.com/MoDakhil_NBA/status/1790567340914155861

1 Like

Jokic is uh saving himself for offense a bit tonight

Malone got a tech and earned three charges in the trade

is it common knowledge why Malone is such a hardo?

Jamaal Crawford is not good at this man

No idea. Think he’s just a classic east coast nutjob tbh. Born in Queens and then played ball with and against a bunch of hardos

His father was one of the Brendans. The two assistants for Chuck Daly’s Bad Boys teams. Not sure if that would make him a hardo but he’s an NBA lifer.

1 Like

lol Jamal’s prescription for every problem is that guys need to iso more

When all you have is a hammer, I guess

1 Like

I dk I think he’s getting there but it’s def a work in progress

1 Like

Jokic in full god mode, this 3rd quarter is one of the best I’ve seen him play

1 Like

I wish one of these games would go right down to the wire. None of them have had very intense final 2 minutes.

He made 3 different shots the physics of which made no sense whatsoever that quarter

Arguably has the best touch/hands in nba history

1 Like

Sometimes I think he needs to go into takeover mode like this more. Whenever he shoots from anywhere I think it’s a good shot and going in.

I didn’t know that until Ken Jennings used it on Jeopardy a couple of days ago and I Googled it.