2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

That was just wildly entertaining. Fox not going to shoot like that every game, but Warriors need to play some defense

Steph and Klay are obviously capable of making enough stupid shots to win

But it was weird that the Warriors barely ran offense against a legitimately bad defensive team down the stretch

And redounded to “Steph, make a 35 footer”

I think the Warriors are just kind of cooked

2 Likes

My numbers say Fox shoots 98% in the final 4 minutes of games this year

Seriously, he lead the league in clutch points, second in assists, second in steals

As Dylan says, playing lots of games where “clutch” is a thing is mediocrity

But Fox had been paying out all year

You’re right that the Warriors didn’t run much of an offense either or at least not as much as you’d expect

Sabonis got Bacoted all game and if that continues the Warriors will quickly even up the series.

The Warriors coaching staff sort of messed this up. Their offense down the stretch wasn’t great (Dunc’d On says they ran 1 Curry/Green P&R (Green being the handler, took 19 3’s and 5 2’s), which is their bread and butter), and they started the fourth (ie, sparked the Kings run) in a few minutes with no Curry, which always hurts, but also no Wiggins or Payton (the two guys that can guard Fox). Putting out lineups that can’t score OR defend is not great. Monk obviously doesn’t do what he did lasy night that often, but if he’s going to be willing to keep taking it to the rack, the Warriors are going to need both Wiggins and Payton on the floor which comes with an offensive trade off.

The Warriors loss this year of defensive ability is a problem - Poole is there to carry the Curry-less offense but he going to be a scab to pick for an offense this good.

Also think the Kings being coached by a guy who was the Warriors associate head coach for the past 7 years may be something of an advantage.

I still think the Warriors win this, but I think this isn’t last year’s team.

2 Likes

Ready for my nuggets #nugglife

2 Likes

I’m pulling for the nuggets in the west

Anyone but the lakers, Celtics, or Suns please

The Kings are a fun team. I will casual for them this year. I like Giannis too. I hope he wins a few without needing a superteam.

I am sure the NBA wants NOTHING to do with a Kings/Bucks final though.

4 Likes

AD looks like a separated shoulder

You can set your watch by this guy

Fun first half through

Up and down, lots of monster blocks

JJJ really good

1 Like

A healthy AD is probably the best defensive player in the league. In 2020, he just demolished every ball screen offense that was thrown at him.

2 Likes

JJJ has been unreal

Austin Reeves is such a steal.

EDIT: Talking over right now. Behind the back passes on the move right into Rui’s shooting pocket?!??!

1 Like

This has the chance to be an awesome series if Morant isn’t out to long

1 Like

Austin Reaves yelling “I’m him” is why I love the nba

5 Likes

10 stocks for Anthony Davis.

Raise your hand if you had “Hachimura and Reaves go for 50+”

Some sports pundit is workshopping his “Jordan wouldn’t have let Austin Reeves take over the game like that” take.

1 Like

Big minutes for Duncan Robinson coming with Tyler Herro hurt.