2021 NBA Playoffs

Duncan is a hard worker and very coachable. I think we will see continued improvement in his defensive skills. The only thing going against him is his age (27). He will likely hit his peak before too long.

I still expect a nice payday for him, which will be awesome.

Is this a not great game? Or are NBA defenders just so much better? I feel like Michigan moved the ball better than both of these teams.

The Sixers are really good defensively. Simmons and Thybulle in particular. Interested to see what they do offensively without Embiid.

I’ve not seen a ton of beautiful-passing possessions in the games I’ve watched. I’ve seen a lot of top-of-the-key iso.

2 Likes

And mostly contested 3PA from what I saw. I’ve heard so much about modern NBA about spacing but I didn’t see it in this game.

2 Likes

Who do we like tonight? Lakers without Davis or the Suns and CP3’s bum shoulder? Nets to close it out? Dame versus Joker?

I like the Suns since LAL does not have AD plus CP3 seems to be healthier at the moment.

Joker should bounce back from a below average game. There is a reason why he’s the frontrunner for the MVP and he’ll be fine.

Brooklyn has too much firepower for the Celtics to keep up so Brooklyn in 5.

1 Like

Sixers-Wizards was ugly basketball compared to most playoff games

2 Likes

I think the Heat will be real interesting. They have a load of capspace some think Duncan is their 3rd best player but do you really want to pay him upwards of 15-20 million?? Duncan could be their 3rd best player for another year or so but in a year or 2 Herro could probably take that label away. Herro is 7 years younger and probably the guy you prefer giving that 15 mil/yr to.

1 Like

Definitely been the worst series.

the Heat will be fascinating to watch this offseason. They have a lot of decisions to make. They had sort of set themselves up to make a max bid for Giannis, but when he resigned in Milwaukee those plans ended. Now they have to simultaneously decide on some older players and some younger players and what other teams do in free agency going to massively impact it.

With Duncan, his cap hold is relatively tiny so they can go out and sign a big FA and then resign him for big money afterwards. But if somebody signs him to an offer sheet early on, the clock is ticking before they would have to match and eat up their cap space and then not be able to bring someone else in.

Suns with a Michigan-Wisconsin like run to blow this open.

2 Likes

This Dame Lillard performance is one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen

10 Likes

One of the better games I’ve watched in a while and certainly one of the best individual performances I’ve ever seen. That became a “where were you?” Moment.

4 Likes

Dame versus Joker is must see television. (Great game for Monte Morris too.) If you missed the game these highlights are absolutely worth it:

4 Likes

Craziest performance in a playoff loss for as long as I can personally remember. Over Game 1 LeBron in the 2018 Finals for sure.

insane performance by Lillard. I kinda chuckle on rewatch, though, how many of the baskets he was guarded by Austin Rivers. I mean it seems like 40+ were with Rivers on him. Without Jamal Murray, the Nuggets ability to defend on the perimeter is a bit lacking at the moment (Campazzo, Rivers, Murray, and Markus Howard are basically their only guards right now).

That said, Lillard was crazy. Not only did he get 55 points, he did it on basically 30 possessions. 12-17 on 3s is probably as good as it can ever get in the playoffs. Then throw in 10 assists vs only 1 TO.

Credit where to it’s due, NBA - that was quite the show they put on there.

Rivers D was good when he got help… from on high.

6 Likes

It’s not just Murray they’re missing, it’s also Barton and Dozier. That’s their top 3 guards.

4 Likes