2021 NBA Playoffs

The Hawks are dispatching the Knicks with relative ease. If Trae hadn’t sat out for an extended time on game 2, I bet the Hawks would’ve swept the Knicks. The Knicks biggest problem is spacing and offensive weapons. That’s part of the reason why the Hawks are in a commanding lead plus the Knicks have no answers on stopping Trae Young. They tried everything on him like trap, drop coverage, hedging, icing, etc. but Trae consistently keeps making the right reads and plays.

4 Likes

Once I saw how much the Knicks were relying on Rose to generate offense I knew they were cooked.

1 Like

I don’t know what his value is and will be interested to see. I have seen projections of him getting anywhere from $10-$20M a year. But while his 3 point shooting is valuable, his defense is a net negative. Milwaukee searched him out every time on the court and went at him and scored with ease. It’s tough on your defense if you start him.

1 Like

he is a restricted free agent so Miami can match any offer if they so choose, he does not have to “give them a discount”

Yeah, Thib starting D-Rose likely threw off Randle’s rhythm but regardless, the Knicks has no answers on Trae Young who has been cooking them all series long. It’ll be interesting how the Sixers will defend Trae in the next round though Philly is 2-1 against the Hawks H2H this season but it didn’t help the Knicks.

3 Likes

I do understand the “restricted” nature of his free agency. I’m saying he may purposefully choose to give Miami a discount in order to stay. Like as in choosing to not sign an offer sheet with another team and PURPOSEFULLY taking less money per year to stay in Miami.

He played the same minutes he did last year in the playoffs when they went to the finals

2 Likes

Miami also finished 7th in defensive effeciency and Duncan played by far the most minutes on the team.

1 Like

What a terrible comment, wow. I’m really in awe of this one.

6 Likes

I was waiting for you to mention it so I can mention mine

I had the opposite takeaway. I’d feel great as a Bucks fan. Heat just shot 40% from 3 to your 16% but you dominated the game inside enough to win anyway, which is where your advantage is

1 Like

the bubble treated them extremely well last season. I would not have expected them to win more than 1 series til covid hit.

1 Like

Miami finished 10th in defensive efficiency per NBA.com despite Duncan posting a solidly negative DBPM.

1 Like

Great video breakdown of Trae Young surgically dismantling the Knicks really good defense:

4 Likes

I mean it really is truly the worst take of all time and I knew the second you replied that you would be correct as I didn’t even look at that stat

2 Likes

First playoff minutes for Trey Burke.

1 Like

So Duncan’s defense isnt so bad that it prevents a team from having a good defense.

In the games I saw, Duncan wasn’t the problem. The Heat weren’t getting enough from Butler and Adebayo. And there’s just not that much more on the roster.

Middleton did get buckets on him but I think that was more Khris just going off.

not when they have other elite defenders on the court, he merely drags them down to better than average. But he was a massive liability in this past series. Miami tried to hide him but the Bucks just kept going at him and he got roasted.

I love Duncan. I love that he is a great person and that he has gone from D3 to the NBA. I love that he is one of the best shooters on the planet. But I’m not going to pretend he doesn’t have major holes in his game compared to the best players in the world.

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone is pretending Duncan doesn’t have holes.

Miami lost the series because they couldn’t score.

1 Like

That’s a really good breakdown on Trae’s success against the NYK. He said passing is his best skill is 100% spot on. I liked how Schenk built the team around Trae with shooters and rim runners that it’s hard to double off of any of them.

1 Like