2021 NBA Draft Discussion

I don’t remember him wearing 2 for the Pistons

Huh? Stewart’s a really good defender. The only players he has trouble are burly seven footers that out height and out weight him, like Brook Lopez.

2 Likes

And, to me, that’s what should be on the banner. Right under a big, double-breasted suit.

4 Likes

Troy Weaver said they wanted better shooting Cade/Livers/Garza all hitting at 40% behind the arc.Also mentioned how all of them grind hard to get better day after day. If Garza proves his worth there is a lot of mix and match you can do.

Stewart is an undersized 5 at 6’8. Garza isn’t the answer at the 5 full time. The Pistons need to get Stewart in better matchups he had 2.7 fouls per game in 21 minutes. If Garza can even approach 40% behind the arc that’s a win for the Pistons.

1 Like

I like Livers but who is he taking time from? Jackson? I have seen Diallo play the 3. Livers playing stretch 4 with who at C??

With a pocket square

4 Likes

Oh, always!

2 Likes

Washington State runs the Philip Seymour Hoffman offense

1 Like

I think Livers will be a 4 honestly. Do the Pistons have a credible 3 or 4 outside of Grant right now? Jackson is just fine.

Obviously nobody counts on a second rounder to be a contributor ever, much less immediately, but its not like there is a ton of depth on this roster or any intimidating obstacles if he shows he can play. Jackson’s 30% career three point mark isn’t terribly intimidating. Maybe Sekou turns into something, but he’s flat out awful now. He’ll absolutely have a shot immediately.

2 Likes

Maybe nobody this year, but you usually don’t draft guys in the second round for their ability to hold a rotation spot on winning teams right away. He might see minutes this year, but mostly as a project for later. Which is fine.

#12 jersey for Livers.

3 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

Uh, Saddiq Bey?

5 Likes

Also, Bey and Livers are very similar prospects. Livers would have been picked in the 20s without injuries. Which is basically an adjustment 9f age vs Bey. The key for Livers is health. If he can stay healthy he’ll be fine.

People nitpicking his game here doesn’t mean anything. Just stay healthy and he’ll be a solid piece.

2 Likes

great post, thanks for taking the time

5 Likes

For whatever reason I had Bey in my head as a guard, but you’re right. Regardless, I think Livers is big enough to guard most 4’s in the league.

2 Likes

He will already be behind a development curve of not participating in summer league though.

Behind who? Josh Jackson’s 30% three point shooting? Sekou’s 24%?

I mean, if he can’t shoot he won’t pass them, but if he can’t shoot he’s also not a viable NBA player.

1 Like

Behind the development curve of trying to make it in the rotation. Unless they move Josh Jackson I don’t see Livers beating him out for a spot. Diallo is relatively the same age as Livers and has 3 years experience on him. That being said if people had projected him as a 1st rounder before injury Livers shouldn’t have any issues cracking the rotation.