2021 NBA Draft Discussion

I guess my take is that if he can’t beat out Josh Jackson he’s probably not an NBA caliber player. I also really think Livers is a 4.

I agree with you on being a 4 but for example Isaiah Stewart played the 5 but he’s an undersized 5 at that. Livers isn’t guarding Big Stew.

Stewart will never play a minute of 4 in his career. He also has reallllly long arms which help mitigate the height.

1 Like

Wait……is Cade shorter than Livers? And isn’t Livers listed at 6’7” and not Cade’s 6’8”?

Did we just get bamboozled?

2 Likes

Congratulations to Isaiah, love this kids game! If he can be good-great at one thing he will make millions! Stay outside the arc, spread the floor and hit that spot up 3 ball! He does not need to be more than that…the three ball is THE most important skill set in the NBA today. Analytics don’t lie! IL has the potential at 40% to be very special! He just might have JB chirping in his ear! Go Blue!

Cade looks 6’6 there… if Livers was 6’8

Livers looks a good 2-3 inches taller.

https://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/sports/nba/pistons/2021/07/30/pistons-introduce-their-new-nba-draft-picks/5437756001/

1 Like

Cade was measured at 6’5" w/o shoes in 2017… Presumably, he’s got to have grown a reasonable amount since then. I think it might just be weirdness with how they’re standing?? I gues we’ll find out once the roster is official

1 Like

Livers was 6’7.25”, 232 at the combine

6’9” wingspan

5 Likes

Well, 6’5.75" without shoes. He’ll probably be listed at 6’6" in the NBA

3 Likes

Could you compare his game to Garza? There seem like there are similarities, at least at the level of non-defensive big. One big difference is age, obviously.

3 Likes

Good for Ibi

13 Likes

To nitpick some of your examples. Brook plays on the perimeter more than down low. Kaminski was cut last year. Boogie also likes to jack 3s and was released. Drummond is the poster child for why Hunter may have issues–a player who would have been important in a different era.

and people hyping his game also doesn’t mean anything

1 Like

Also Kaminsky was a really really good 3 point shooter in college

1 Like

Are there any known path-crossings or relationship between Coach Howard and Jamal Mosely Dwayne Casey or Frank Vogel for Franz Isaiah and chaundee?

None really have ties to Miami or would have coached him.

It’s the GM’s that do this anyway - the most obvious connection is Beilein being a Piston employee.

Lebron for the Lakers.

Pelinka was Howard’s teammate at Michigan.

6 Likes

The most obvious is Josh Bartlestein to me.

Not sure why some are freaking out about Cade’s height based on the picture. Every report has him at 6’8" to say he’s 3-4 inches shorter than reported height is silly IMO

3 Likes